Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad day

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009 | 07:05 PM
RedRose
Racer

It is an early car. So I'm just going to leave it to the folks at the local Euro place, across from where I left it last night. So... story time...

J&J Motorsports is owned primarily or completely by Jack, whereas my mechanic is the second J, Jessie, whom I met while he was out driving his 944 on the highway. I always assumed he was just being a nice fella and charging me less because he could. I got a call today saying he couldn't work on the car, so when I went to move it across the street with our van, Jack came out, and began ranting at my father and I about how we were so disrespectful, totally out of line, and essentially ruining his business by leaving the car there and assuming Jessie could work on it. And I was disrespectful for having Jessie work on the car there? (Jessie's personal shop was flooded in the summer floods of '08 and has been doing all his work out of Jack's shop) So, essentially, I took a nice guy up on his offer to do work on my car, and got screamed at today for it. I don't think I'll be going back to Jessie for work until he gets his own shop, though Dad was thinking he'd take his 928 over and talk to Jack again sometime, telling him about the business he'd miss and notifying him that we'd be letting the local PCA folken know it's not a great place to go.

That said, I was completely willing to pay for work to be done there at Jack's price, or even to pay for borrowing his parking spot (as if he didn't have five open next to the other rusted out old cars that've been there for months). Essentially, Jessie at J&J is great, a perfect gentleman, and does great work, really knows his stuff, and Jack makes the experience entirely worthless. I won't be going back, and if anyone ever stops in Cedar Rapids, IA, they ought to go to European Motors LTD, not J&J.

/rant

So, these fellas occasionally sell 944s, so I'll just leave it to them. They'll start around Wednesday they said, they're full up right now, and so it'll be done by the time I'm back from Colorado, next Friday, hopefully.

Quick Reply: Bad day