Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware when buying from our fellow Rennlist members.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2009 | 01:56 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Charlie
Chad, I'm more upset with the harness being misrepresented than the money. According to the seller it was a real nice harness, good thing I didn't pay $250.
You missed my point. I challenge you to find a "good" solid harness with no issues for $100-150. Some things are worth paying for.

C.
Old 05-14-2009 | 02:06 PM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chads996
You missed my point. I challenge you to find a "good" solid harness with no issues for $100-150. Some things are worth paying for.

C.
I understood you point very well. You may be right but I feel you can buy a good harness in the $100 to $150 range.
Old 05-14-2009 | 02:24 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Charlie, I stand corrected. I missed that point about all connectors intact. (not sure how, perhaps due to the fact I hadn't my morning coffee yet...)

The seller should refund your money. That would be the right thing to do. If it was me, I wouldn't have sold it to you without proper description, as would have most guys here.

Charlie, I apologize.
Old 05-14-2009 | 02:24 PM
mgmarsh39
Racer

You will need to do a bankcard dispute with your bank. State that you did not recieve what you paid for and you will have to provide a written statement along with a paypal receipt. Depending on your bank it could take up to 30 days.
Old 05-14-2009 | 05:57 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Ratings or not, selling and buying items online is a leap of faith for either party. Good ratings today don't mean anything tomorrow.

I've had good results fortunately on both sides and only had one instance where there was a dispute. Fortunately we were able to resolve it quickly but the key here is communication. Without it then people make assumptions or believe you're hiding bad intentions so it snowballs into something greater.

Your best bet if you can't resolve it would be to try and sell this one on your own and buy one that is in the condition you would prefer.

Good luck!
Old 05-14-2009 | 06:35 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

My brother had a friend who was a real ahole. He had top shelf appliances and the sale of the house paperwork read 'appliances included'. At the walk through of the house the new owners saw he'd replaced all the expensive appliances with used, crappy appliances. Can you imagine?
Old 05-14-2009 | 11:45 PM
fpena944
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
My brother had a friend who was a real ahole. He had top shelf appliances and the sale of the house paperwork read 'appliances included'. At the walk through of the house the new owners saw he'd replaced all the expensive appliances with used, crappy appliances. Can you imagine?
That is rude...At least the buyer now knows when that statement is put in the next contract to make sure to include the make and model!
Old 05-15-2009 | 01:16 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
Let's not forget that we're hearing only one side of this story. Did the buyer know what connectors should be present for the year and model of his car? Did the buyer ask if ALL connectors were there? Did he ask if there were ANY splices? This info wasn't in the OP's original post.

I realize money doesn't grow on trees, but as Chad said earlier, KNOW what you are buying or needing for your cars gents.
Well, ALL 944s had an AFM. So the seller fails there. No AFM connector means all connectors werent intact.

87 and later had the oil level sensor, and thus the connector for it and the wires going to the connector. 86s had neither the connector nor the wire. Perhaps a late 86 had them, but it would have had both.

Were I in the OPs position, id have been pissed as well and posted a similar thread.
Old 05-15-2009 | 01:35 AM
m73m95
Nordschleife Master

My .02

We all know each other on this site. Maybe not personally, and maybe we don't actually talk directly to each other, but we're all on the same threads and get a sense of peoples reputation.

What I'm saying is.... Only buy from people you know. I know it doesn't guarantee you won't get screwed, but it helps. There are people on this site I would have no problem buying stuff from. I look here before I even get on Ebay because it involves people I "know" and can talk to.

If someone is new and you've never seen them post, then don't buy from them.
Old 05-15-2009 | 01:53 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Damian in NJ
Rude!!! That is just mean!

Ok guys. I'll take the blow for you! I sold it to him! The winner is me!
Old 05-15-2009 | 01:58 AM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Actually there is one transaction i did that I still feel very bad about. I sold some guys some phone dials from somewhere that I got, and they were like kinda beat up and i told him they needed to be refinished. It took me like 2 to 3 weeks to ship the damn things because I was so busy, then I took them to FedEx and they wanted 200 dollars to ship them. WTF? Then I took them to USPS and they wouldnt ship them because they complained they had to be properly wrapped, they tried selling me a bunch of USPS tape and stuff to wrap them .

Even after this, the shipping through them still came to 170 dollars. So finally Travis at rennbay printed me some UPS shipping labels, and I took them to UPS and shipped them for 20 dollars a piece. I told the buyer I was going to refund his shipping for him, and I lost contact with him.

Point is, if youre that buyer of those phone dials, I still owe you 80 dollars. Where ever you are.
Old 05-15-2009 | 02:16 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rock
Point is, if youre that buyer of those phone dials, I still owe you 80 dollars. Where ever you are.
You're a rock, dude.
Old 05-15-2009 | 03:42 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Um. I bought those phone dials!
Old 05-15-2009 | 05:38 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by FRporscheman
Um. I bought those phone dials!
+1
Old 05-15-2009 | 05:40 AM
Lorax
The Impaler
Rennlist Member

That reminds me... Someone - years ago - Bought some m030 tbars from me. I have sold several sets of them over the years, but this was the first. You paid me and I took them to the post office, but for some reason I can't remember I had the guy there put them in the back and hold them until I told him to send them out.

Well, about 3 months ago I went down there and the guy had found them while cleaning out the back. I never called and totally forgot about them.

Whoever you are, I'm sorry and I owe you some money!

Quick Reply: Beware when buying from our fellow Rennlist members.