Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beware when buying from our fellow Rennlist members.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2009 | 11:02 PM
Bri Bro
Addict
Rennlist Member

I really hope things work out, the offer stands any time you need it.
Old 05-13-2009 | 11:23 PM
Johnny Player Special
Instructor

I am still waiting for Mr. Sparks to get back to me about the used head he had for sale. I paid him on May 1st PM'ed him three times and still no response, meanwhile the guys at the machine shop keep asking me if I still need work done and am I ever going to get the head to them. All I have to to tell them is can ya give me few more days. C'mon people let's get our act together!
Old 05-13-2009 | 11:27 PM
Clint's 944
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tom R.
the e46fanatics forum has a rating system. i bought a part for the convertible. the post office busted the part.

i posted a neutral feedback. he refunded my money. then i had the mods delete the neutral and posted a positive.

that neutral with the comment waiting to see what happens got him moving since he is parting a few cars.
How is it the sellers fault if a third party causes the damage?
It's awesome that he refunded you and I have done similar things, but I would not hold it against the seller unless the packaging was bad or something.
Old 05-13-2009 | 11:54 PM
Marcquito
No, not Mosquito!
Rennlist Member

From: Gliese 581g | Monte-Carlo, Côte d’Azur, La Planète Terre

Originally Posted by J Berk
great idea Marc !
Let's get this rollin'! Mods?... err... IB?
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:08 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

It's against rennlist rules to post the contents of private correspondence between two rennlist members, is it not?

I hope you can get the issue resolved.
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:36 AM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Charlie
Brian, the harness that is on the car works fine. The problem with it was the ISV connector had been spliced. I appreciate the offer very much, I'll just work with the harness that is currently on the car.
You don't have to splice. You can buy some new pins, and a connector housing and make it look pro.
Old 05-14-2009 | 07:40 AM
Mikeran
Advanced

The feedback idea can be a double edged sword, take ebay, the old system was heavily favored towards sellers, the new system provides no protection to sellers at all. I sold a used powersteering rack on ebay, No guarentee provided so it sold cheap like $50. The guy that bought it took it to a shop to have it installed and they put power steeering fluid in it, so after a week or so it started leaking and they then added Lucas stop leak, which only made the problem worse, Then 3 weeks after he got the item he contact me and accuses me of selling a defective rack and not only did he want me to refund the purchase but to reimburse him for the shop costs. AND he wanted me to wait a few weeks so he could find another rack. I replied I would refund (Again the listing was "AS IS" no warrenty) but I said he had to return it within a week, thats 30 days since he received it his reply was to leave me negative feedback staing I would not take responsibility for his problem. I have almost 1000 positive ratings, this was my first negative. A feedback system will only work if both sides are reasonable people. I have bought and sold on this board and so far I have had great luck and all honest people. I tend to use the board more than Ebay for that reason.
Old 05-14-2009 | 10:56 AM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Let's not forget that we're hearing only one side of this story. Did the buyer know what connectors should be present for the year and model of his car? Did the buyer ask if ALL connectors were there? Did he ask if there were ANY splices? This info wasn't in the OP's original post.

I realize money doesn't grow on trees, but as Chad said earlier, KNOW what you are buying or needing for your cars gents.
Old 05-14-2009 | 10:57 AM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Clint's 944
How is it the sellers fault if a third party causes the damage?
It's awesome that he refunded you and I have done similar things, but I would not hold it against the seller unless the packaging was bad or something.
Because, if you've ever used shipping insurance, you'd realize that only the SHIPPER can collect. Which means the burden of the insurance you may have paid for is still on the seller.
Old 05-14-2009 | 12:15 PM
87944turbo
Rennlist Member

KNOW what you are buying or needing for your cars gents.
+1 and on the other side, know what you are selling. That knowledge leads to a better representation of what you are selling and can potentially avoid situations like this one.
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:06 PM
Charlie
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by harrisonrick
Let's not forget that we're hearing only one side of this story. Did the buyer know what connectors should be present for the year and model of his car? Did the buyer ask if ALL connectors were there? Did he ask if there were ANY splices? This info wasn't in the OP's original post.

I realize money doesn't grow on trees, but as Chad said earlier, KNOW what you are buying or needing for your cars gents.
What does the sellers statement "all connectors intact" mean. How many DME harnesses do not have an AFM connector.

And yes you are only hearing my side of the story, I'm sure the seller would say that I took the harness and cut the AFM connector off, that it was there when he shipped it. When buying something you can't see you have to trust the seller to describe it accurately. In this instance I put my trust in the wrong person.
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:13 PM
Legoland951
Race Car

Damn, if you needed a n/a harness I give you one just so I don't have to see people get screwed like this...
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:31 PM
Calmchaos
Rennlist Member

^^^ SEE ^^^
Not all people suck.
Frank is one of the people I'll always trust. If you don't get a part, or can't contact him; it means he died.
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:45 PM
bearone
Three Wheelin'

you specified '87 harness, which has the sender, he sent one from an '86 which was enuff to kill the deal.
add to it cut wires, missing connectors and the respone that he knew he didn't have the sensor on the pan.

glad you brought it up.

95sl320 dd
Old 05-14-2009 | 01:45 PM
porshhhh951
Monkeys Removed by Request
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist really needs a rating system. I'd say knowledge and full understanding of what your buying(be it from the seller or from the buyer) is the only solution to avoding mishaps like this one.

Quick Reply: Beware when buying from our fellow Rennlist members.