Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944S2 Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2002, 07:57 PM
Tom Pultz
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 98 Likes on 83 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by John Anderson:
<strong>I'm not instigating,

</strong><hr></blockquote>Yes you are. If the forum you so kindly pointed us to contained nothing but glowing praise for the HR supercharger kit would you have posted this note? Nope.
Old 05-04-2002, 01:26 AM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by Huntley Racing:
<strong>Hi John nice to see you back on the list.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes it is! so..........did you catch any BIG fish ?
Old 05-04-2002, 02:05 AM
ribs
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Tabor Kelly:
<strong>Actually, hondas with VTec (variable valve timing) get more power from superchargers than hondas without VTec. I assume that it will be the same for porsches.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Tabor, V-TEC also has variable lifting. This makes more of a difference than variable valve timing, but in combination the two are incredible. Toyota just recently built a motor with yamaha (I have a yammy built motor in my celica, too...3S-GTE)...the new celica GT-S motor. This has variable valve timing and lifting as well. This is one of a very few motors that makes 100 HP/L or more naturally aspirated...Honda makes several...B16A series, B18C5, S2K motor, and whatever the new RSX type S motor is called...ferrari makes one, and some other low production companies make one. I don't know if ferrari uses variable lifting, but it wouldn't suprise me. What suprises me is that you have to have the motor removed from the car every 15000 miles to have the timing belt done and it is a 4-8K$ job in a ferrari while a honda can make more HP/L n/a than any ferrari ever produced and go 100000 miles without a timing belt change and a timing belt is a 3 hour job with the motor still intact in the car. Have you read about (I think its) renault's engine for next year or the year after for F1? No cam, no timing belt...nothing. It has a completely computer controlled electronically actuated valve train with infinite variability for both lift and duration. It will probably make it into road cars in 5 to 10 years.

Any head that can suck more air in can also have more air shoved down its throat, so a head with variable valve timing and lifting would be better for a forced induction application than a head without in any situation. If honda actually built a turbocharged motor in a production car, they could easily have the most fuel efficiency per HP ever, NTM the motor would run 300K miles with no problems. Anyways, off on the drunk rant...there is fine bun at my house and I'm trying to be the frankfurter...later.
Old 05-04-2002, 11:42 AM
billybones
Burning Brakes

I went and read what was posted... SC available.. just wait and see.. Moocho money exchanging hands.. And the hush hush of what? get more horsepower? IF you Super charge your engine YOU will get more horse power. The thing I find interesting is that, so far much money has been sent with nothing in return at all???? just talk on a phone... no charts on a dyno? why would you send money on a plan and no concrete results... space cowboy is the only guy I have seen to actually be doing this.. and he is all by himself.. My only question is, what tuner shop needs parts sent in? is that not what a tuner shop is supposed to do? customize parts...
Old 05-04-2002, 03:20 PM
FXMaster
Instructor

Does anyone have a SFR or Huntley supercharger yet??? I find it hard to believe that all these people that have bought them so far and none of them know about Rennlist. Who are buying these things??? Need information on relibilitya and what not. Can't just spend money and not know what your getting into. Also, I will state again, these prices are rediculous. Friend of mine just supercharged his 2002 Maxima for $3,500 with a Stillen supercharger. Our kits are double that and more!!!!! HUH???
Old 05-04-2002, 08:00 PM
Tabor
Drifting

Tom,

Check out <a href="http://63.136.85.109/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=756" target="_blank">this thread</a> on 968.net. There are plenty of bad things said about HR.

Note: I have never used them, so I can not personally comment.

Edit- and now there appears to be some bad stuff about SFR on there too.

Quick Reply: 944S2 Supercharger