Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

An evil Jetta tried to kill me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2002, 02:39 AM
DMB
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy An evil Jetta tried to kill me!

Well, it finally happened, someone hit my car. I was on the way to fill up the tank, when from across the road comes a white Jetta. Smack, right into my driver side door. Thank god for those reinforced doors. The door is trashed, he also managed to get the front and rear fender wells and cut into the tires. The rocker panel is gone.

What bugs me most is that the car was running wonderfully! Engine great, interior in great, paint great. Just had the control arms rebuilt with brass bushing, new bilstein "firehawk" shocks all around with threaded collar coilovers up front, new wheels/tires on the way. It is like the guy knew I was almost "done" and ready for DE/AutoEx this summer.

Just needed to vent. I'll post some pictures tomorrow, right now I am going to go cry in my beer...

David
Old 07-04-2002, 03:09 AM
Micah
Three Wheelin'

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry to hear that... what did the other driver have to say?

Micah
Old 07-04-2002, 03:54 AM
Deepice
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I bet it was jealous
Old 07-04-2002, 12:14 PM
ThE sPaCeCoWbOy
Burning Brakes

yeah.....i think it being jealous is what happened

space
Old 07-04-2002, 03:30 PM
DMB
Intermediate

It still has not sunk in that the car is smashed. The other driver was a little too relaxed, maybe he was just jealous!
With the police, two fire trucks, the whole episode was unreal. That combined with the people at the bus stop just staring jaws dropped, made for an interesting evening.
The impact was dead on the driver's door. As near as I can tell, I think the chasis is tweaked, so I fear the worse. What do you guys think? I guess I'll need to see what the repair shop/insurance people say. Any good recommendations in the Venice/Santa Monica area? I've done everything on the car myself, so it has never seen a mechanic while I've owned it.

Sigh...

Quick Reply: An evil Jetta tried to kill me!