Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HOUSTON guys...are you out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 06:02 PM
WHAMspeed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOUSTON guys...are you out there?

I'm trying to find someone to recover my steering wheel in Houston. I have the kit and have seen the threads of reputable companies that do this but none of them are in Texas and I would like to get it done quick if possible.

I took the wheel to an upholstery shop and this *** gave me every reason why he didn't want my business. I was seriously trying to be a customer and he was ranting about how it would take one of his guys a full day to do it and he had alot of other work that his employees could do to make him money. Bastard told me he would do it for $650. He has obviously inhaled too much leather dye in his years and is a DA to boot.

Anyway, I have noticed threads that some guys have found a shoe repair shop that have recovered their wheel for as little as $70. I really like the sound of this. Anyone know of someone in Houston that can get it done. Best I have found is another upholstery shop and they want $300.
Old 04-16-2009, 09:18 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by WHAMspeed
I'm trying to find someone to recover my steering wheel in Houston. I have the kit and have seen the threads of reputable companies that do this but none of them are in Texas and I would like to get it done quick if possible.

I took the wheel to an upholstery shop and this *** gave me every reason why he didn't want my business. I was seriously trying to be a customer and he was ranting about how it would take one of his guys a full day to do it and he had alot of other work that his employees could do to make him money. Bastard told me he would do it for $650. He has obviously inhaled too much leather dye in his years and is a DA to boot.

Anyway, I have noticed threads that some guys have found a shoe repair shop that have recovered their wheel for as little as $70. I really like the sound of this. Anyone know of someone in Houston that can get it done. Best I have found is another upholstery shop and they want $300.
I know Bruce at Westside Upholstery has done it before, I don't remember how much he charged though. Not affliiated - I have just had him do some repairs for me over the years.
Westside Uphols.
on Brittmore near I 10, 713-932-6501 - I believe.

Quick Reply: HOUSTON guys...are you out there?