Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OK, now lets try it for the REAL thing

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2003, 06:55 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Post OK, now lets try it for the REAL thing

Nice to see people voting to get models made, how about voting to get a real car made? Porsche needs some guidance.
So how about it?
Old 01-19-2003, 07:00 PM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm down for that. But please, no aero headlights.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:04 PM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Indeed.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:09 PM
Dave
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got a plan in mind? They're not known for listening to outsiders.
Old 01-19-2003, 07:38 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

actually thats not true, i have talked to PCNA and they have said they like to hear feedback, one guy at PCNA mentioned that, that's how somethings on the interior of the 996 got changed.
Also when I talked to a couple dealers they have said that they have PCNA reps that go to dealers and ask for feedback, as to what the customers are saying.
Well for one, I think we need to find out who are the ones to talk to. A simillar petition and lots phone calls to PCNA, to the right number.
Maybe we can have a day where we just jam the lines.

wouldnt it be great if the enthusiast got a car company to build the car they wanted? other companies arent wiating for people to ask they are already doing it, just look at nissan, dodge, hummer,mustgan/gt40, lotus, BMW/Mini, and im sure theres plenty others.

Wasn't there a car company that recently did something like that, where they built a new car, because their previous model had such a following? I want to say it was nissan, but im not sure, however maybe some of you have noticed the latest new Z commercials that show the older Z's of enthusiasts?

Besides, I'd hope that true 924/44/68 enthusiasts would at least be willing to pick up a phone, send and email, and/ or sign a petition which would take 5 minutes of your time for a possibly great worth while result.

MD
Old 01-19-2003, 08:23 PM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I want to buy a 968 turbo, it's a shame that they don't produce that car.

Or maybe a new 928 with the cayenne engine.
Old 01-19-2003, 08:32 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll tell you why Porsche will never listen to us, as 944 owners: We own old, used Porsches.

Porsche will listen to customers who are shelling out $100,000+ for a car. They want return business. They couldn't give a **** about someone who will likely never buy a new Porsche from the Dealer. And if you COULD buy a new Porsche, you wouldn't be compaining to Porsche about thier old cars.

But I do have some concept drawings that I would love to have find thier way into Porsche head offices....
Old 01-19-2003, 08:54 PM
M Danger
Three Wheelin'

never hurts to try, seeing as how boxsters are piling up and now passe'
Old 01-19-2003, 08:58 PM
User 462021
Banned

Received 160 Likes on 122 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by Rich Sandor:
<strong>I'll tell you why Porsche will never listen to us, as 944 owners: We own old, used Porsches.

Porsche will listen to customers who are shelling out $100,000+ for a car. They want return business. They couldn't give a **** about someone who will likely never buy a new Porsche from the Dealer. And if you COULD buy a new Porsche, you wouldn't be compaining to Porsche about thier old cars.

But I do have some concept drawings that I would love to have find thier way into Porsche head offices....</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Excatly, they don't give a rats *** about us. They know we will never buy a new car from them.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:57 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Boxters.. as most of thier owners -are passe' looking for a thrill with no engineering or mechanical input. Sell it when the ashtrays are full (My Dad is one of them..)I Know im generalizing, ..and some Boxter owners are top-notch Porsche guys.

Real men ( I.E. "enthusiasts".. (basis)look at the the number of posts in the 924/944/968)drive water cooled P-cars. I Loved my brothers 911T, but it was crap to drive in rain , let alone snow. worse than an old beetle (which i owned.)The sound and driving experience of a well tuned 924/944 blows away the drone of an air cooled 911 (I KNOW I'M MAKING ENEMIES HERE, But I'm experienced in this arguement)
I AM A BIGOT HERE.. but I waited a long time and did a lot of driving before i picked my current car. (I'm 42 years old, and THIS is my first Porsche)Porsche seems to dwell on the 911 evolution- thats fine, we all have our own preferences.. I'll take my car anywhere and anytime- i dont need to beat a twin-turbo celica.
I ENJOY DRIVING!@! And that's what matters to me. I win the Lotto- Its a 968 Cabrio.. From a Rennlister please!!

Maybe a pristine 951.. WHEN i win the lotto. Oh, and manual.. and a cd- player.. and sub-woofers..

Bottom line i LOVE my car despite the PM and the insecurities of a long road trip.

Quick Reply: OK, now lets try it for the REAL thing