Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beta Test of New Rennlist Member Mail Server.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003 | 08:38 PM
John D.
Banned

Post Beta Test of New Rennlist Member Mail Server.....

Greetings….

I’m just about finished programming a new Rennlist Member e-mail server, and would like to ask a few of you to try a Beta test, if you’d like. Since this is only a Beta, to check functionality, I’m limiting it to the first 15 or 20 Rennlist Members who would like to give it a try. Some of the new features include:

- A real-time anti-virus checker for incoming mail. If mail is sent to your e-mail account, the attached VIRUS will be deleted before you have a chance to download it. An automated notice will be sent to the sender;

- Using SPAMASSASIN, all e-mail to your Rennlist Member account will be checked against the “Junk Mail” filter heuristics before delivery;

- Mail with VBS, EXE and other intrusive automatic execution attachments will be discarded and the attachment will deleted – the text of the message will be delivered to your Rennlist mail account *without the attachment*;

- Support for the WAP protocol, so you can send/receive e-mail from your handheld devices (phones, PDAs, etc.). As well, you set your own PIN in your profile;

- Full support for a Web Mail interface, which includes multiple folders, search, forwarding, aliasing, auto-replies, etc.

- Standard mail send/retrieval including POP3, SMTP, ASMTP, POP before SMTP, IMAP, etc.

If you would like to participate in the Rennlist Beta – please go here to apply:

<a href="https://rennlist.com/mail-beta.htm" target="_blank">https://rennlist.com/mail-beta.htm</a>

My Best to all,

John D.
Old 07-02-2003 | 08:41 PM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

I have signed up..

Lead Foot 944
84 944...
Old 07-02-2003 | 09:01 PM
Toolmaster
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Me too.

I'm all for Beta work.

Quick Reply: Beta Test of New Rennlist Member Mail Server.....