Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FINALLY!

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2003 | 05:07 PM
Mike S
Three Wheelin'

I want to know what kind of seats those are? Kinid of look like sport seats recovered in cloth.
Old 07-02-2003 | 06:44 PM
Skitch
Rennlist Member

Looks fantastic!
I have to second the question about the seats. They look great. form & function sorta thing.
Old 07-02-2003 | 09:47 PM
badass951
Three Wheelin'

GOBOGIE - I am in State College, Pennsylvania.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by HOT-SHU (a.k.a. Wes Shew):
<strong>Interesting mods. How much weight is saved by removing your headlite assembly? How's vision at nite without them and your euro driving lites? What make/size wheels are those? KLA strut bar? Custom cruise control engine cover? TIA</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">By removing the lights I was told it saved the car close to 50 lbs! Someone please correct me if this is wrong though. Without the popups vision will be fine when I am able to adjust the angle of projection - right now they point downward too much (there is a way to adjust them, been too busy though). The wheels are 18" Fikse FM-10, 225/40 front tire size, 265/35 rear. The strut bar is a Brey-Krause. The engine cover in the back is from a 968.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by jjmson20:
<strong>love that nose panel...where did you pick that up? Car looks fantastic.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">It was already done to the car when I bought it, but I know the part came from GT Racing.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Lars944:
<strong>Very nice car.

Is it legal to drive without the headlights? looks awsome, and did you do any modifications to the lower lights to make the better?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I am not sure on the legailty, although to be honest I went through an inspection book and found that headlights must be something like 24" off the ground - so probably not. The lower lights are the Euro driving/fog combo with 100 watt halogen bulbs as high-beams.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by 944pete:
<strong>The 951 is gorgeous! Who's black shark is that in front of it?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">That is my friend Rich's 928S. It is in great shape and he uses it as his every day driver. On weekends he takes out his Ferrari 355 GTS (with a Challenge exhaust - loudest car I have ever heard, but sounds beautiful at the same time).

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by jjmson20:
<strong>where did u get that spoiler from ??? looks incredible would it fit a late n/a?? and that nose panel ....arrgghh so many projects so little money. Def one of the top ten 951's ive ever seen.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I believe the spoiler was purchased through The Collection - a Porsche dealer in Miami. It is the same wing that the 968 has.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by [ mouse ]:
<strong>What's with the "GT3" badging?</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Another modification that the previous owner did, but I liekd it so I kept it. He told me he put it on there because he felt the car was so different from a standard 944 Turbo he would just badge it differently, although there was something else to it.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Mike S:
<strong>I want to know what kind of seats those are? Kinid of look like sport seats recovered in cloth.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">The seats are Konig SK5000. They look as though they should be in the car stock.

Quick Reply: FINALLY!