Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

so my 944S finally running and then..

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 10:56 PM
RED87944S
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so my 944S finally running and then..

found a nice shop around,took my 944S there,because of the no spark problem..they found a burnt wire and it also needed another DME...2 hours off driving the car went good,the idle a bit rough but drives nice...next day i drive it,everything fine,untill i pull in to a drive way,turn the car on start driving,drove across a small bump in the drive way and the car stalls...turns over but no jump in rpms,seems like the same problem no spark again..car back in the shop and they say they will fix it if its something that they did..if its a new problem i will have to pay..i paid the 1400 to fix it the first time..I have a feeling they will ask me to pay, no matter what..whats the best way i can handle this? if they ask me to pay again,should i take them to court or something...its gonna take a lot to convince me that its not their fault..and i already paid the towing to them..i cant believe the luck with this car..
Old 03-22-2009, 11:49 PM
Operator
Three Wheelin'

well you might want to start off by being friendly with them... explain how you were hesitant to spend so much money on such an old car but decided to repair it with them because you heard their reputation was good. now that it doesn't work again, and seemingly seems like the same problem you brought it in with, tell them that you are hoping that they can get it going again without any extra costs because you would hate to have to tow it to another shop . don't threaten them with a lawsuit, just see what they say to that. if they don't want to do right by you then take it to another shop and look into any legal routes you can take (probably more trouble than it is worth since it's really hard to prove who is responsible here i would think considering the age of the car...)
Old 03-23-2009, 12:28 AM
RED87944S
Racer

I was really nice to them,they seem nice to me a little too nice..but they do keep on switching the date on my car..first they said they have all friday to look at it..i was like ok sounds good..i call the them friday they say they have it booked for monday..this is the 2nd time this is happening..but i was still nice..i can understand that they can be busy..i just hope they r honest about it..i mean chances are its their fault..and they should give at least some respect i did not start going of at them plus i paid that towing fee..times are hard..it should not be a big problem anyway..maybe the reference sensor moved or something...they tolled they will call me and let me know their prices..we will see what happens tomorrow..
Old 03-23-2009, 12:30 AM
dv8nxs944
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did you ever change the cam positioning sensor? i cant remember from your old thread if you did or not
Old 03-23-2009, 12:31 AM
RED87944S
Racer

damn right i did...could be out of adjustment right now thought..the bolt on top could be loose..because when i sent the car to the shop i left it lose and tolled them that i was in the process of adjusting it,but gave up..so im not sure if they messed with it at all..
Old 03-23-2009, 12:32 AM
dv8nxs944
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lol ok, wasnt sure, cause that seemed to be my main problem

Quick Reply: so my 944S finally running and then..