Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jason at Paragon...

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 03:58 PM
User 41221
Banned

Received 173 Likes on 108 Posts
Post Jason at Paragon...

... is a VERY nice guy. I spoke with him this morning about the wheel bearing removal tools, and some general suspension questions. He is VERY knowledgeable and went out of his way to help me out. While I ultimately did not order the tool from him, I was very impressed with him, and will be sending him a portion of my business in the future.

Jason's reputation has always been stellar on Rennlist. A lot of y'all don't need me to tell you that, but for anyone who hasn't dealt with him, you owe it to yourself to give Paragon a try.

Thank you, Jason!

Regards, ...Scott
Old 12-31-2002, 05:21 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Why didn't you buy from him?
Old 12-31-2002, 05:42 PM
User 41221
Banned

To do justice to Jason, I am going to withhold saying exactly "why" until I have the item that I didn't buy from him in my hands. If its a "too good to be true" kind of deal, then I will post that on the board here. If its not "too good to be true", then I want to be fair to all the vendors involved, and will be posting more info on that as well.

The point of my post, tho, is that Jason and Paragon have earned my respect and future business, regardless of the circumstances on this particular transaction.

Happy New Years!
Old 12-31-2002, 06:17 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Angry

I used to be involved in the internet/phone supply business. Jason spent time on the phone with you answering your questions and giving you a good experience. Why didn't you buy from him?

The fact that you posted this then didn't buy from him, frankly, pisses me off.

Tifo
Old 12-31-2002, 07:24 PM
User 41221
Banned

Feel free to be pissed off, you get no apology from me.

I acted in good faith, and if you will read what I said, I also said I will be making future purchases from him. I also posted this on the board to let others know that he's a good guy and hopefully get him some more business. Thats not enough for you? Too bad. Just because someone spends time with me on the phone does NOT create a contract between myself and them, nor an obligation to buy.

Regards, ...Scott
Old 12-31-2002, 07:48 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Your post to make yourself feel better about your lame-*** actions should not dictate how I react. Go get bent.

Tifo
Old 12-31-2002, 07:52 PM
User 41221
Banned

Nah, you already beat me to it...

Back to the topic...

Regards (to everyone else, anyway! lol)

Scott
Old 12-31-2002, 07:55 PM
Mledbetter
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by tifosiman:
<strong>I used to be involved in the internet/phone supply business. Jason spent time on the phone with you answering your questions and giving you a good experience. Why didn't you buy from him?

The fact that you posted this then didn't buy from him, frankly, pisses me off.

Tifo</strong><hr></blockquote>

So, if you talk to 2 people and they both are professional on the phone, do you buy 2?

-Matt
Old 12-31-2002, 08:03 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Tifo, I think you are getting a bit bent out of shape..

us waterpumpers are supposed to be the "nicest" group of P-owners.

come on, lets all be friends..

(that sounded queer...)

(I'm not gay, btw)

(not that there would be anything wrong with that..)
Old 12-31-2002, 08:31 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Sorry. Long week and I had a customer that was a total *** today that got me all-riled-up. Someone struck a bad cord with me. Sorry!

Forgiven?

Tifo
Old 12-31-2002, 08:40 PM
Damian in NJ
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
For a minute there I thought it was going to be a doozy--as people got more and more juiced up tonight!

Anyway, we all agree Paragon is at the top level of waterpumper suppliers-indeed I just dropped about a grand the other day on struts, shocks and springs with them.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:46 PM
User 41221
Banned

No problems as far as I am concerned. We all have bad weeks, even when its only two days long! lol

I posted this so that we could say nice things about Jason/Paragon, not get into a debate over the why's and wherefores of a particular transaction. If its any consolation, I get to do free engineering work for my customers all the time. Sometimes I get the business, sometimes I don't. Bottom line is that its my reputation and service committment that keeps them coming back. I hope that Jason views it the same way as I do... its an investment that will pay for itself over time. I don't go out looking for free advice and then beat them up to get the best price possible. Trust me, I have spent PLENTY of money with a number of folks on P-cars over the years, and I honestly believe there is not a vendor out there that will bad mouth me or accuse me of trying to screw them over.

Anyway... I am not bent, and hope you aren't either. Best to you, and maybe in my travels, we can get together for beers and Porsche talk sometime. I'll buy the first round. Fair enough?

Happy New Years!
Old 12-31-2002, 08:47 PM
PorscheG96
Race Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by Damian in NJ:
<strong>I just dropped about a grand the other day on struts, shocks and springs with them.</strong><hr></blockquote>
When are you going to install? Umm, actually...when can we expect pics and driving impressions?
Old 12-31-2002, 08:50 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

Sorry! Double post!

Tifo
Old 12-31-2002, 08:51 PM
tifosiman
Race Director

[quote]Originally posted by sh944:
<strong>No problems as far as I am concerned. We all have bad weeks, even when its only two days long! lol

I posted this so that we could say nice things about Jason/Paragon, not get into a debate over the why's and wherefores of a particular transaction. If its any consolation, I get to do free engineering work for my customers all the time. Sometimes I get the business, sometimes I don't. Bottom line is that its my reputation and service committment that keeps them coming back. I hope that Jason views it the same way as I do... its an investment that will pay for itself over time. I don't go out looking for free advice and then beat them up to get the best price possible. Trust me, I have spent PLENTY of money with a number of folks on P-cars over the years, and I honestly believe there is not a vendor out there that will bad mouth me or accuse me of trying to screw them over.

Anyway... I am not bent, and hope you aren't either. Best to you, and maybe in my travels, we can get together for beers and Porsche talk sometime. I'll buy the first round. Fair enough?

Happy New Years!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Make mine a Guinness Stout!

Tifo

Quick Reply: Jason at Paragon...