Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A few stories about great customer service

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2009 | 09:47 AM
J Berk
Addict
Rennlist Member

Default A few stories about great customer service

OK..most of the time we hear people complain about how this one or that one screwed them or provided less than the proper level of service.

While this is not P-car related, I am impressed so thought I'd share:

FIRST STORY:
In re-doing my son's bedroom, we purchased a loft-bed for him. He likes to watch TV in bed before going to sleep ( he's allowed 1 program). He could not see the TV from his bed when it was on his dresser and I remembered I had a wall-mount bracket in the kitchen before we rennovated it....so I go down in the basement...go into the crawlspace and there's the bracket....but the part that attaches to the wall is missing.

After searching the entire house we determined that we probably tossed it when cleaning out the kitchen in preparation for the re-do. I emailed the manufacturer asking if I could purchase a replacement and got an email back asking for the serial # and my address.

They sent me a replacement piece for free! ( I sent a very nice thankyou letter!!)

SECOND STORY
The faucet in the kitchen is a pegasus brand (one of Home Depot's in-house brands). It's very 'different' and we love the style. It was mid-priced...not as much as the real expensive ones but not a cheap-o.

So the rubber on the pull-out sprayer was begining to crack and I wanted to replace it. I could find NOTHING at Home Depot so I searched online for pegasus...which is when I found out that it was a house brand. I also found (on a DIY website) that this line of faucets was manufactured by an Italian company. So I goggled them, found a US office and emailed them to explain and ask if I could purchase the replacement part (I"d found the exact faucet on their website).

Same thing happened as with the TV bracket. I recived an email asking for my address and low and behold....in the mail came an envelope and the only thing inside was a new pull-out sprayer. The envelope was from the Italian company's US office.

I also have sent them a glowing letter.
Old 03-15-2009 | 10:30 AM
klamer
Intermediate

Had a Lodge cast iron skillet that cracked after about 18 months of normal use. I contacted them through their website, they emailed me requesting a mailing address. About a week later a brand new skillet arrived in the mail.
Old 03-15-2009 | 10:38 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

I'd nominate Jason at Paragon Products for my recent great customer service experience. Old fashioned "we will look after you because we value your custom and our reputation is important to us" style service. The idea is that if you go that extra mile for a customer, they will remember and come back -- and tell everyone else how good you are.

And see -- it works!

Quick Reply: A few stories about great customer service