Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

3 Piece Crossover Pipe & Crossmember Reviews??

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003 | 10:45 PM
tt9714
Racer

Post 3 Piece Crossover Pipe & Crossmember Reviews??

Has anyone tried the 3 piece crossover pipe and crossmember from Lindsey Racing?

I did the rod bearings/oil pan gasket replacement procedure last winter, and it appears that the gasket is already failing. I think that I used the wrong type (or too much) sealant at the corners of the pan. I have a fairly steady oil leak, but I need to get under the car to confirm the diagnosis.

The parts are $600 total (2 x $300) excluding the core deposit. This isn't cheap, but its probably about half what a shop would charge for the entire procedure. I'm thinking about getting these parts and doing the work myself. This would provide maximum flexibility for the future, but then again if the oil pan is sealed properly, it shouldn't need to be touched for many more miles.

Separately, what ~is~ the correct sealant to use on the oil pan gasket? I've heard many favorable reviews for "Yamabond" which apparently is sold by Yamaha for motorcycle engines. I also recall someone talking about a spray-on adhesive from Wurth.

Quick Reply: 3 Piece Crossover Pipe & Crossmember Reviews??