Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Take the bad with the good.

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2002 | 10:06 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Post Take the bad with the good.

I'm pretty pleased with myself. I got the intake manifold off the car with relatively little hassle, however I did run into a few small problems.

Problem 1:
I broke the rubber mount for the ISV, so I'll need to get a new one of them. Can anyone look up the part number, as well as the part number(s) for new gaskets for when I'm ready to reinstall the intake manifold? I have PET but the screen won't resize for me to be able to use it :-/

Problem 2:
This one is probably a bit more major. When I was taking off the fuel rail, one of the caps on the injector end of the injectors cracked. I know I need to replace the o-rings, but can I replace the little orange cap without having to buy a new injector?

I'll be making a run to the dealer tomorrow morning to pick up any parts I'll need, so if you could get back to me asap that'd be pretty spiffy.

Thanks
Old 12-30-2002 | 10:42 PM
afx
Racer

You should not need a new injector, just a new seal kit. I have a NA, so I am not sure if it would work for your car or not. I bought a new injector seal kit at Pep Boys for $2.50. It came with the 2 seals and a new cap.
Old 12-30-2002 | 11:08 PM
User 41221
Banned

You're fine, the caps are a part of the injector seal kit. The seal kits cost me $6 per injector on my last go 'round... you might want to consider pulling the injectors and getting them cleaned and flow matched while you are doing this, tho... should cost around $25 per injector, and you should be able to find a shop locally that can do it for you. It makes a bigger difference than you might think, particularly in how the car performs at and just off of idle.

Regards, ...Scott

Quick Reply: Take the bad with the good.