Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyno Pulls - 944 s

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 11:08 PM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chrisc
What's are typical numbers for a 944 s at the wheels - stock & club race prepped?
Well, these dyno images I have just won't make any sense if I post them, some of the pictures are huge, and shrinking them makes them unreadable. So I just zipped them all up, you can download them HERE

Some are dynapack, some dynojet, same car. You can see the same car made 131hp stock on the dynapack and 141 on the dynojet. And I've taken the same car (my own) to the same dynapack dyno for as many as 12 days in a row, and got vastly different results. Dyno charts are great for tuning, if the operator of the dyno does what you ask. More often than not, if I am not onsite at the dyno, and it's a customer with his car there giving them my instructions, the dyno operator will NOT follow the instructions. So I have bigger piles of useless dyno charts than I do useful.

I'm going to have my own dyno one day, it will be mobile, and I'll take it every where I go!

Hope the charts give you the info you're looking for, if not, somebody will have what you need here I'm sure.

Regards,
Russell
Old 03-03-2009, 04:22 AM
Austin944S
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Russell what Cam Timing is used in those dynos? Any suggestions as to ideal setting or where in the 1.4-1.9mm range gives the best compromises and dropoffs with your chip? I tried posting on your forums but sounds like you've been ill and still recovering.

Thanks!
Old 03-03-2009, 04:41 AM
rberry951
Temprarily Banned per IB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Austin,

I'm doing okay now, was illness, then moving, etc. Lots going on.

I'm pretty sure all those dynos were on Jesse's car. A fellow who used to be on Rennlist but he got sucked up by the Army and spit out in Iraq somewhere. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

Anyway, the car was stock with the exception of aftermarket exhaust. In fact he did many pulls trying different exhausts with different chips for me. He was a big help in developing the 944S chip.

Some have said that going up to the 1.9mm yields some measurable power, yet I have not seen anyone actually do it, dyno, etc. But at that, another .05-.1mm too far and you will lose all your power, and possibly damage your engine.

I recommend using stock cam timing.

Regards,
Russell

Quick Reply: Dyno Pulls - 944 s