Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How many monkies does it take to fix a couple cars?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 12:34 AM
Matt Ritenour
Instructor

Location: Spokane, Washington: Where the nearest cornfield is 2,000 miles away
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post How many monkies does it take to fix a couple cars?

Well if you don’t know yet this weekend Steve Macgowan, Micah, and I went to an Auto X this weekend to try and represent the Porsche community. That however, is only half the story. In addition to the run we also drove down to Louisiana to try and pick up Steve’s car and fix a few mechanical bugs in the cars. The plan was to try and replace Steve’s exhaust, Micah’s odometer gear, and my distributor cap and rotor and the fuel pressure check valve. Well needless to say things didn’t work out like we planned. It took us several hours to get Steve’s exhaust off because the bolts were so rusted and it took all three of us. Well after replacing it with the new exhaust we decided it sounded way too loud and planned on going back to the original later. Next was to fix the odo gear and while we managed to get it out and replaced, we found out that the problem was a bad motor in addition to a bad gear so that was busted project number 2. Our last chance for success was on my S but once again fate had something else in mind. Trying to check the fuel pressure we found that we had all the right tools, but we couldn’t get everything attached to the fuel rail. All in all we spent six hours in the shop and were there till 3 in the morning and the only thing we did get accomplished was to find out that Micah’s brake pad sensor wasn’t attached and to get Steve’s DME back inside its housing and I learned that I’m not meant for a life as a mechanic. It was still fun. Maybe we’ll get something done before the autocross on Saturday.
Old 06-16-2003, 12:57 AM
Magown
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We just couldn't get ahead could we Matt. Oh well, we'll eventually get em all together.

Quick Reply: How many monkies does it take to fix a couple cars?