Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chasing A Vacuum Leak - Where Does This Go?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2009 | 08:59 PM
choinga
Three Wheelin'

Default Chasing A Vacuum Leak - Where Does This Go?

So, if you've read any of my previous threads you know I've put in a LBE, 3BAR FPR, just changed my plugs to NGK 6ES's and have been fighting a hesistation problem when accelerating and a detonation issue at high RPM/Boost.

So, I was looking at my blow off valve today and noticed that the vacuum hose that comes in from the dampener looked like it was in but when I touched it, it fell right out. The hose just isn't long enough so I pulled it over the manifold instead of going under to give myself a little room and hooked it back up. (I'm planning on getting a new hose kit and replacing everything...)

Then, I found another hose right underneath that - it was very loose...just slid right out of the rubber "U" that it was using to connect to something else and then the rubber "U" fell off and stuck somewhere down by the turbo assembly. I can barely see it if I look in right under the blow off valve.

Now, the problem is I can't see where this thing was hooked up before. From the diagram it shows it's connected to the manifold - but I'm guessing its up underneath there somewhere??

How do you get to that one? I guess it's one of the one's that requires the entire manifold to be off to get to it??

Would this one not being connected (and the other one that wasn't connected to the blow off) be the possible cause of my hesistation issues when accelerating? Any chance they could be contributing to the detonation problem?
Attached Images  
Old 02-15-2009 | 09:12 PM
Darwantae951

That connects to the bottom of the throttle body. Pull the throttle body to intercooler tube and you should be able to get to it fairly easily.

Quick Reply: Chasing A Vacuum Leak - Where Does This Go?