Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HT OT

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2003, 02:09 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
Post HT OT

So I pick up Hunter Thompsons "Songs of the doomed" I'm having a few and reading. I came across a Porsche reference so I figure I'll post. Warning: not exactly flattering, nor 924/944.

But I know there are some Hunter fans here.

"...It was a full-bore Lomborghini hot rod, a monsterous thing that weighed 5,000 pounds with bulletproof glass and twelve cylinders with a top speed of 125 miles an hour and a .50 caliber machine-gun mount behind the drivers seat....One night on the Big Sur Highway I beat a Porsche 928 from the Carmel bridge to Nepenthe by nine minutes, mainly because I beat her like a cheap hound in the curves. It was a small woman driving the 928 and she went all to pieces when I passed her at 110 on the bixby Creek bridge and then squeezed her into the sand dunes....

Why not it happened to me once-in Sacremento, when some Japs in a brute Lamborghini ran me down on the parkway like I was standing still, then bashed me repeatedly at top speed until I finally lost control...It was one of the ugliest moments of my life and I'll never forget it. Those tattooed swine! I should have had them locked up, but I was helpless.

After that, I got my own, for $150,000."

HST

Damn Hunter. It's going to be a rough century without you. You stomped the Terra man. Stomped the F'ing Terra.
Old 01-15-2003, 07:32 AM
cheetah chrome
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i dont like to write. i dont care what the f#$% happens after i write. once i've gotten a story in my mind, the rest is pain. HST

i finished his bio over the holiday and i've got the great shark hunt up next. i just have to finish the other books im reading.....been working too much, havent had time to read.....i keep falling asleep in chapter two of the grapes of wrath. must of read te 1st 4 pages of the ch 5 times and then i wake up...lights on hehehe.

Quick Reply: HT OT