Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Tragic News About Karl's Wife, Samantha (Fiberwerks Owner)

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2002 | 04:38 PM
my944
Pro

Red face Very Tragic News About Karl's Wife, Samantha (Fiberwerks Owner)

As many of you folks may recall, I had posted a topic regarding Karl's wife, Sam, several months ago. (Topic name was "URGENT: PLEASE READ NOW!!! (Tragic Update)") They are both 34 and have been married for 14 years. They have a 7 year-old daughter, Joelle, and they reside in Pensacola, Florida.

Many years back, Sam was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis. Karl left the industry that he was in to start <a href="http://www.fiberwerks.com/" target="_blank">FIBERWERKS</a> so that he could be closer to Sam and be able to care for her without a regular job's hours to restrict him. In the last year, the MS has robbed her of her eyesight and caused irrepairable damage to her lungs.

It deeply saddens me to say that Samantha has just passed away. Needless to say, Karl is devastated.

I had requested in the past that you folks send letters of encouragement to Sam while she was still battling MS. I now request that letters of understanding and compassion be sent to Karl. He is truly in need of kind words and gestures right now. Please take a second and write him. The right words are sometimes so difficult to find at a time such as this. But the right words are simply those in your heart.

fiberwerksproducts@hotmail.com

If you prefer to send something via mail, the address is:

Karl Lawley
7402 Odell Lane
Pensacola, FL 32526

Sam From A Few Years Back

Joelle & Sam
Old 06-26-2002 | 05:21 PM
Dan in Pasadena
Three Wheelin'

What a lovely lady and what a tribute to her that her husband would leave his career and start a new one to care for her.

Life is so short. Only a moment ago I was in my twenties. Now approaching fifty and I wonder where my life went.

I hope Karl and Sam packed 100 years into the short time they had.
Old 06-26-2002 | 06:51 PM
Water944t
Pro

My sincerest heartfelt condolences on the loss of your loved one. No words or sympathy can convey the shared pain I feel with the news of your loss.

May God touch your heart and ease your sorrow.
Old 06-26-2002 | 08:20 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

how long ago was she diagnosed? my mom was diagnosed with ms two years ago...... seems like alot of people have been It's so sad.
Old 06-27-2002 | 12:24 AM
A Quiet Boom
Racer

So sad, I have four relatives (all over 55) with MS including my own mother, I'd don't know if it's her diagnosis that has made me notice MS more or if it's become more prevalent of late. In any event losing a spouse is a terrible thing especially when you love them as much as Karl must have. I simply don't have the words to send to Karl, I don't know what I could say really. I just hope Karl's pain doesn't consume him for too long and that his daughter gets through this terrible time without undue pain.
Old 06-27-2002 | 01:52 AM
Advanced

I'm going to have to add whatever condolences i can... I didn't know either of them, but it is still sad whenever anyone loses someone. I'm barely 18, and am trying my hardest to live each day like it's my last. It's stories like this that remind me why i am doing so. Much luck.
-Aston
Old 06-27-2002 | 03:35 AM
ribs
Rennlist Member

My deepest condolences. This is very sad and my prayers go out to Karl and his family.

Old 06-27-2002 | 08:30 AM
Adrian
Addict
Lead Rennlist
Technical Advisor
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Talking

The Streather family in Switzerland offer their deepest and heartfelt condolences to Karl and his family for their loss.
Adrian
Old 06-27-2002 | 11:14 AM
TaboII
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Unhappy

There are no words that can begin to explain the sorrow that must be felt. I know this first hand. Karl, Joelle Hold on to all that was bright and you must believe that Sam is now watching over all of us. I am so sorry I cannot give you any more comfort than to let you know that we all are in some way there and I am especially saddened by this tragic event.

My heat goes out to both of you.
Old 06-28-2002 | 09:10 AM
my944
Pro

I just spoke with Karl. The funeral will be held this Saturday at:

Bayview Memorial Park
3351 Scenic Highway
Pensacola, FL 32503

He is requesting that instead of sending flowers, to send a check in the name of "College Fund for Joelle Lawley" to 7402 Odell Lane,
Pensacola, FL 32526. He is trying to establish a college fund for their 7 year old daughter. He feels that this is what Sam would have wanted.

Please continue to send e-mails and letters/cards. They really help.

I failed to mention that Karl is a DE instructor and an avid PCA member. A group of PCA members got together and cut his lawn and straightened his landscaping out. It really is amazing how people who share just a common love for a type of car can come together and show such support for one-another.
Old 06-28-2002 | 11:42 AM
marky522
Drifting

Karl, Joelle, My condolences to both of you. I am sorry for your loss, But she is now pain free, and at peace. Again I am so sorry for your loss.

Mark B.
Old 06-28-2002 | 06:43 PM
Human Opiate
Advanced

It's sad to hear of Karl's devistation, I will hope he will be alright.

Luke: might I make the suggestion that your mother and your family look into the treatment of MS with cannibus, it IS a proven effective treatment, just thought I'd inform you. Sorry to hear of her condition...
Old 06-28-2002 | 11:59 PM
Luke
Nordschleife Master

[quote]Originally posted by Member X:
<strong>Luke: might I make the suggestion that your mother and your family look into the treatment of MS with cannibus, it IS a proven effective treatment, just thought I'd inform you. Sorry to hear of her condition...</strong><hr></blockquote>

Craig,

sorry but that sounds inappropriate here man

she uses a drug called avonex. (as well as her sister which also has MS) My aunt. . It's the most horrible thing I've seen.

MS is terrible.

My condolences to all that have/had ( ) suffered from it and their families
Old 06-30-2002 | 03:33 AM
A Quiet Boom
Racer

I agree with Luke on this one, a bit inappropriate, but I know you're just trying to help.

On another note, I think the college fund is a wonderful idea, kids are our future, maybe with a little help from rennlist members we can bring some good out of this tragedy. Joelle has a long road ahead, daughters become so attached to their mothers and with Karl now being a single parent I'm sure saving money for her college will be difficult at best. Count me in.
Old 06-30-2002 | 08:54 PM
Kierf - ¿§?
Racer

...my condolences.

Quick Reply: Very Tragic News About Karl's Wife, Samantha (Fiberwerks Owner)