Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I fold

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2009 | 01:56 AM
944obscene
Three Wheelin'

Default I fold

The car wins. Gotta start working on things now. I don't think I can drive the 944 until I fix all these issues that have popped up. Just too many things, ranging from irritating to mechanically defunct, for me to want to take it out.

Problem One: Brake lights. They won't come on. I'm betting its just a switch. No problem. But I still have to diagnose the issue and fix it.

Two: Shutting off. The thing has shut off on me three times now. The last time it did it, I kept it in gear and the car kicked back on and kept truckin'. When it dies, the thing won't start for a while. Probably 20-30 minutes. Then it kicks right back up and goes. I'm going to replace the fuel pump, filter and look at wiring.

Three: Clutch. Its gotten soggy over the last week. I don't want to deal with a bad clutch system while driving. Certainly not if I have to pull the pedal up like I did once.

Four: Bumper. I call blame for this one. I wasn't as careful as I should have been in poor conditions. Now I am in need of another one. I'm going to get a replacement in a week or so. No problem. I just need to get it matched. At least I can install a splitter, while everything else is getting attention (Hear that CPR?), if I take the time to wait for one... If I can get money soon enough.

Five: Weather seals. They need to be replaced. It looks like someone put replacement seals on a few areas around the car, but I just need to get a whole kit and go to town. Everybody seems to notice the door seals (torn on edges). The car is garage kept so rain isn't an issue, but that's no excuse.

Six: Fluids and small things. I need to replace the oil with something that isn't total crap. Probably going to hit up Lindsey Racing or Tom Charlesworth for oils that either of them supply. Tom has some new stuff out that I think is worth checking out. I'll have to see.

I also need to see what's up with my damn radio. It doesn't always put out sound. The head unit is on, but no music comes out sometimes. And when it does? 1 speaker works. WEAK.

Other than that, she's great. I just need to get it where I want it because I have plans coming up in spring time and I want the car ready for track days and possible road-trips. This doesn't even count the small mods list that I've been conjuring up. That's a whole different rant.

:EDIT:

Oh yeah! And I need a new crossover pipe. Or maybe its the header. I haven't checked yet. One of the two will buzz (rattle) until heated up. Its pretty amazing. Makes me feel really freaking classy when I start my car.

Last edited by 944obscene; 02-06-2009 at 02:17 AM.

Quick Reply: I fold