Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bilstein strut rebuild/revalve

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Mark944na86
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Bilstein strut rebuild/revalve

Since I've discovered I've got Bilstein inverted monotube strut inserts mounted in the front of my S2, I've been playing with the idea of simply getting these rebuilt/revalved instead of doing a second conversion to accept the Koni inserts.

The conversion work on the strut housings to accept the Bilstein inserts has been done with a impressive quality of workmanship, and it seems a pity to take a hacksaw to them. And, of course, a Bilstein revalve is considerably cheaper than a pair of Koni inserts.

The only disadvantage is that the struts won't be adjustable like the Konis. But I can't see that being a biggy, since I don't track the car -- all I need is a good choice of compression/rebound values for a nice firm sports suspension for daily driving.

Anyone can suggest some good starting values to get into the ballpark on this? Or is this something that the people doing the reconditioning would normally advise on?

Quick Reply: Bilstein strut rebuild/revalve