Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with sheepskin seat covers?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2002, 10:18 AM
lehtola
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Anyone with sheepskin seat covers?

Curious to know if you have sheepskin covers. If so, who did you get them from and are they tailor made or just custom fit? I'm looking at getting a set for sport seats and want a good looking set. I'd love to keep the seats naked but preserving them is important to me. I'd prefer the look without but they don't look to bad in my opinion with seat covers. Keeps you cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter. Any experience of those of you that have them that you can pass on to me and others? I've looked at Rocky Mountain Sheepskin Co. Actually ordered a set for one of my cars back in the early 90's.
Old 05-21-2002, 12:41 PM
Tremelune
Three Wheelin'

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
Checkout <a href="http://www.wetokole.com" target="_blank">www.wetokole.com</a> for seat covers. They're made out of neoprene (wet suit material). I'm getting a set for my Wrangler this summer. They don't have Porsches listed, but I saw the ad in Challange and it said "fits your Porsche perfectly." You may have to actually talk to someone, but it might be worth it. They won't burn your *** in the summer like black leather/vinyl (aks me how I know), they won't be super cold in the winter, and they're waterproof.

You can get them in, say, red/black or black/black, or gray/black...patterns and stuff. Worth I look, I was psyched when I found them. SHeepskin stuff is sometimes acrylic and sweaty and cheap...Some not. I chose these over cow print sheep covers. Haven't bought 'em yet.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:21 PM
TomH
Pro

I bought Rocky Mountains for my car, but I don't have sport seats. They fit the standard seat very nicely, no complaints, great fit. I bought the Custom Highbacks, but looking at their site, you are going to have to get the Tailormades, which are $200 each. For that kind of money you could get away with a new reupholster couln't you.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:31 PM
Sean
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have sheepskins. They came with the car, but I was told by the seller that they are "genuine Porsche" sheepskins - the pricey kind. They are certainly quite soft and comfortable. The definitely feel like the genuine article.

The appearance is fine, although I also prefer the look of the car without the sheepskins. I am in the process of having my seats reupholstered. Once the job is complete, I'm not sure what I will do with the skins. It's tempting to keep them on, because they do protect the seat fabric and are quite comfortable.

If you go with sheepskins, I'd buy a good set (avoid the acrylic stuff), and bear in mind that you can always resell 'em on eBay. I saw a set sell there recently for a pretty good price.
Old 05-21-2002, 01:53 PM
lordgrommit
Instructor

I've got the Wetokole's in my 951 have had sheep skins before I like the wetokole better.. sheepskins add to much height to the seat..IMHO

Matt
Old 05-21-2002, 02:36 PM
AndyK
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Gotta get yourself a set of these!!

Quick Reply: Anyone with sheepskin seat covers?