Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

aftermarket stereo wiring

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2002, 12:47 AM
divkat
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post aftermarket stereo wiring

any help is appreciated. my stock radio is an alpine cd player with blaupunkt eq. I'm trying to install a new sony cd player. here is my dilemna:
three connections on back of stock stereo; one rectangular plug in for power and ground, plug in for antenna, and round multi-pin plug in for eq. the speaker wiring runs fromthe eq. I can't figure out how to wire my speakers. I'd like to keep the stock eq but am I better off getting rid of it? If so, why? thanks
Old 12-27-2002, 05:30 AM
OC Porsche
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]I'd like to keep the stock eq but am I better off getting rid of it? If so, why? <hr></blockquote>

Do you really value/use your equalizer? Most newer head units have built in equalizing features, at least acceptable to the average listener. Personally I don't see the need for an equalizer in an everyday auto sound system.

[quote]I can't figure out how to wire my speakers. <hr></blockquote>

Label them and start from ground zero. Draw a simple diagram of how the system is to be connected before you start.

ebdited gramaktikal

Quick Reply: aftermarket stereo wiring