Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is Pentosin ATE Gold

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Alpine951
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Is Pentosin ATE Gold

I need to flush my brakes for this years DE season. I have th ATE super Blue in the brake lines from last year. i figured i would to the gold since i could tell when there is fresh fluid in the system. The local Foreign auto parts store where i get the gold has Pentosin gold. He says its german. Is this the same as the ATE gold?

John
Old 06-07-2002, 02:45 PM
Michael Stephenson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ATE Gold is called TYP200.

From the Paragon Products website:
[quote]TYP200 carries the exact same properties as the ATE Super Blue, but it is an amber colored fluid. <hr></blockquote>
Old 06-07-2002, 03:01 PM
Skip
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No. Pentosin and Ate are competitors in the same/similar market (similar to Ate vs. Girling). Both are German companies. They are both OEM suppliers to the German automotive market - to include Porsche, Audi, VW, MB, BMW, Skoda, Seat, etc.

Deutshce Pentosin-Werke is the parent company of Pentosin fluids, while Continental Teves is parent company of Ate fluids.

There is a Pentosin that is comparable to the Ate 200/Super Blue (same stuff, add color). It is "Pentosin Racing Brake Fluid". I'm not certain what "Pentosin Gold" refers to, but I'm guessing it's one of their lower lines such as "Super" or "Super DOT4". The wet and dry boiling points are near identical for the two top-line versions (WBP = 200oC - 392oF).

Pentosin is sometimes referred to as "Pento$in", though I'm not certain of the actual difference in price per ounce/liter. Ate also markets lower base versions of their brake fluid for the German OE market.

In either case, nothing less than Super DOT4 should be used in ABS equipped vehicles.

Good Luck!

Quick Reply: Is Pentosin ATE Gold