Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT - Freakin Fedex

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2003, 02:04 AM
Dsalillas
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation OT - Freakin Fedex

I don't know fedex's shipping policies but today they did something that really pissed me off. I had purchased a next to new Technics 12 mk2 and had it delivered to my work.

Everyone was gone for a short break and when I return the package is sitting outside in the parking lot in the pouring rain. The box was soaked but luckily it was still in the original packing so everything inside was bagged and didn't get wet. I'm still a little miffed about it but my turntable works fine. Sorry for the post but I had to vent.

Drew
Old 07-11-2003, 02:18 AM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Turntable... what's a turntable? j/k... My parents have one on the basement that hasn't seen the light of day in 12 years.

That's some shady work on the part of Fedex... who did you order it from?
Old 07-11-2003, 02:39 AM
Dsalillas
Racer

I got it off of ebay for $250 the guy told me he couldn't find the one he auctioned but gave me a newer one to replace it and it's mint so I have no complaint.

I didn't read the Huntley thread before I posted so I hope I didn't step on any toes for venting. I'm not looking for any satisfaction for their delivery practices since the turtable works fine. I just wanted to let off a little steam.

Once Again sorry for the post,
Dsalillas
Old 07-11-2003, 09:45 AM
qoncept944
Pro

What are you going to do with 1?
Old 07-11-2003, 10:18 AM
indiana_86_944_turbo
Instructor

fedex ground is a joke!! they had a package on there truck for 14 hrs a couple of days ago and did not deliver it. they said they had trouble finding my address which was crap cause they never tried,long story short i had to go pick up the box myself.screw fedex ill stick to ups.

scott
Old 07-11-2003, 10:21 AM
hitbyastick
Three Wheelin'

My friend works at fedex. I'll go yell at him.
Old 07-11-2003, 10:54 AM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by indiana_86_944_turbo:
<strong>fedex ground is a joke!! they had a package on there truck for 14 hrs a couple of days ago and did not deliver it. they said they had trouble finding my address which was crap cause they never tried,long story short i had to go pick up the box myself.screw fedex ill stick to ups.

scott</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I've had some fun with FedEx... Jan 2002 I ordered stuff from Tower Hobbies while in the US visiting family and timed the order so that it would come a day or two before I left for home. It was supposed to come on the thursday or friday. Tower Hobbies shipped the package on time, but it sat in FedEx's distribution facility in NJ for a FULL week... after it was supposed to be delivered. They claimed that it was not deliverable since no one was home. BS! I sat by the living room window waiting for the FedEx truck to roll up and deliver. The kicker was that the final destination of the package was a mere 15 miles away. Also, the box was banged up, but thankfully all the stuff that I ordered was bulletproof and couldn't really break.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:08 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
Normally I prefer fedex. And to having them leave a turntable outside. Try a bolt and rubber window seal. Total price $20. And spending 3 days trying to get it because the fecking Ups guy wont leave it. Same thing with my paycheck.

Having said that I missed an entry to a writing contest in Ireland because their local guy (non fed ex) didn't deliver it, said he couldn't find it.

They called me two months afterwards. That was the first I heard of a problem.
Old 07-11-2003, 11:53 AM
Dsalillas
Racer

qoncept944, actually I have two old mk2's but I gave one to my little brother who only has crappy belt drive Numarks and I kept the newer one. my slills at spinning are lacking to say the least because of my schedule but he plays quite often.

As soon as we get settled in our new house were gonna have a blowout and your more than welcome to come if you feel like driving down.
Old 07-11-2003, 12:04 PM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow.. I've used FedEx Ground about 500 times in the past year (eBay ~ paid for my P-car.. heh!). I've had no complaints, issues, lost/damaged packages, shipping delays, etc. Stuff comign to my house is always delivered within a week of shipping (depending on where it comes from) and in good condition. Stuff over $100 that's coming to me, I request that the sender makes it signature released so it doesn't sit out in the rain, or on my doorstep for a long weekend if I'm gone, etc...

UPS on the otherhand, wants 1/3rd more $$, damages a full 1/2 of the things sent, is a BITCH to deal with their insurance (which I had to do a LOT because they damaged so many things), and service was spotty. IT got so bad before I switched to FedEx that I took digital pictures of the box before shipping and sent them off to the receiver. Made for a lot of angry, pissed off yelling at the Brown men when they walked up with a raggidy box that looked nothing like the pictures I sent.

There's no way I'm goin back to UPS, USPS is FAR to expensive on big things so FedEx ground it stays.
Old 07-11-2003, 02:02 PM
Puch1313
Instructor

indiana_86_944_turbo -almost same thing happened to me about a week ago, "unable to locate adress" that is bull****, my neighbor runs a business out of his house, FedEx is there, on a daily basis....i called customer assistance, they told me they do not have contact with the ground drivers..however,i have no complaints about UPS
Old 07-12-2003, 12:53 AM
triscadek
Addict
Rennlist Member

When I was still married, I had some stuff from Crutchfield delivered on Saturday (paid extra) to my ex'es work place, her boss was in on Sats.

Her boss watched the Fedex lady drive up, stop the truck for maybe 30 sec. (right next to boss's Caddy) and leave, I got there about 30 min. later heard the story, called Fedex raising hell and the driver said that nobody was there so she left because they quit at noon. I said that was too damn bad I paid for Sat. delivery and expect it.

She came back acting rather humble with my stereo.

Quick Reply: OT - Freakin Fedex