Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Technical resources are all exhausted

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2003, 03:16 AM
SoCal Driver
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
4 to 6 on the factory alarm plug is the circuit from the DME relay first stage coil directly to circuit 15 on the ignition switch then to the battery.

If you can get a long lead on this with a 12 volt bulb and ground the other side of the bulb then hang this somewhere you can see while starting and/or running the car it will show if the DME relay is getting solid voltage from the ignition switch.

Only two other connections left after the battery side check; grounding point MP-3 on the inside fire wall and the actual slip connectors inside the relay box.

Opening up the relay box is a real winger. Have to un couple all of the plugs from the bottom including the two or three heavy gauge power wires and remove the whole thing.

There must be thirty clips around the base the all have to be held open to slip the two halves apart. I have a complete unit sitting here from the 86 I parted out and it looks daunting.

I think I would back up and start cleaning the battery connections and the grounds.

Quick Reply: Technical resources are all exhausted