Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laguna Seca Track Day Invite - Late Notice

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2002, 01:51 PM
ScottS2
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Laguna Seca Track Day Invite - Late Notice

I'm a Lotus owner as well as a Porsche owner so I thought I'd pass this on. Sorry for the late notice on this but I just found out that the SF bay area Lotus club has space available for this event. Here is what was forwarded to me. Hope some of you can attend:

The Golden Gate Lotus Club has secured Laguna Seca Raceway for a track day on Thursday, June 13. This event will be similar to our last event at Laguna in March. We will have 2 groups of 25 cars that will be arranged according to the driver's ability and aggressiveness. Group A will be open passing, and Group B will have restricted passing. As the day wears-on and drivers/cars fall to attrition, participants will be allowed to go out in either or both groups at their own discretion so long as we don't exceed 25 cars on-track. Driver's with less than 5 track days experience, however, will not be allowed in Group A.
We will have instructors available to help new and experienced people become better drivers.. Gas will also be available at the track.
The cost of Laguna Seca in June is much higher than March, and our price will reflect this. Be aware that the GGLC only intends to break-even on these events. The price for this event will be $225 for GGLC members and $250 for non-members. Be aware that to get the member price, you must be a current GGLC member prior to May2002. Drivers who wish to share a car with another driver will have to pay full-price at this event.
Open wheeled cars will be allowed to run in Group A only. Open top Lotus cars without roll bars will be allowed in Group B only. All other brands of open top cars must have a roll bar installed. Factory or aftermarket roll bars are OK. Targa style tops are also OK.
Be aware that Laguna Seca has a strict sound policy. If your car seems loud, then you will likely have a problem. Certain stock cars with original exhaust will sometimes fail the test. If you are unsure of your car, you should bring a 90 degree bend to attach to your tailpipe that will direct the noise away from the meter.
If you would like to attend this or any future GGLC event, you must send a
message to gglctrackeventsinfo-subscribe@yahoogroups.com to get on the
mailing list. All notifications regarding our events will be via this
message list. Be aware that this list does not allow the general membership
to post messages. Any questions should be directed to
trackday@fusiontechnology.com
Please print the registration form and tech sheet from <a href="http://www.gglotus.org" target="_blank">www.gglotus.org</a> and send 'em in with your check. Mailing address is on the registration form.

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Track Day Invite - Late Notice