Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finding out that I love the 944 more and more

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2002, 01:44 AM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Finding out that I love the 944 more and more

A brief history....

I just purchased an '88 944 about 3 months ago. I have been in love with the car ever since. She's "my baby."

Well, last wednesday, I come home and smell coolant. Not good. I pop the hood and see that it's boiling!! Holy smokes I think. I can see it's dripping onto the exhaust manafold. I prepare for the worst, a dead water pump and coolant everywhere.

Yesterday, I managed to have time to inspect it. After looking on the forums for any people with like problems, I discover that a fluid system compressor would be needed to diagnose the problem without the engine on. Off to AutoZone. 20 minutes later, I'm home and starting to compress the system. I hear the trickle of A LOT of fluid escaping. My dad and I switch positions, me looking, him compressing. Then, I see it!!! It's the hose that runs from the top of the water pump to the cabin heater core. It connects the water pump to a pipe that runs ofer the exhaust manafold. It's part number 944.106.241.101

Well, yesterday being sunday, the dealership was closed. So this morning it's off to the dealership go pick up a replacement. I was really lucky that it's a $3 part and not a whold pump or some other PITA!

The moral of the story is, I missed this car so much. After having to drive arround in the "pimp van" for four days, I really missed my car.

I know everybody here knows that the 944 is a great car, but I just thought I would add another praise to the stack.

Also, the Rennlist forums are a terrific sorce of information. Keep it up!!
Old 12-23-2002, 03:02 AM
Brian McCoy
Addict
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear it Alex....

So, you gonna let me know when you're ready to buy my Turbo? I *need* to have it sold by May, 04....
Old 12-23-2002, 11:09 AM
jabbadeznuts
Race Car

Brian,

What's the asking price? I AM interested in a turbo.... are you interested in an N/A?

zip me a PM please

Quick Reply: Finding out that I love the 944 more and more