Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake Pad's and rotors help me out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2003 | 11:50 AM
Fishey
Nordschleife Master

Post Brake Pad's and rotors help me out!

I need new brakepads. My current brake pads glaze and fade like a ****!. So this is what I am looking for Low brakedust, Ultamite Stopping power. If its possible I would like ones that do not squeel. I need the best pad's no more glazeing for me. ok I need new front rotors they are at there wear limit. They have been turned as much as possible and now I am in the market for some new slotted or crossdrilled rotors that are good but mostly cheap. My car is a 944s2 so if you want to send me the info so I can check them out. Recomendations are highly wanted TELL ME WHAT TO BUY!!!!
Old 06-25-2003 | 12:32 PM
'88-924S
Racer

Metal Master pads are supposed to be low squeal and dust. I would go for slotted rotors as some have had problems with cross drilled. Skip at Paragon can help you. <a href="http://www.paragon-products.com/" target="_blank">http://www.paragon-products.com/</a>
Old 06-25-2003 | 12:57 PM
dgz924s
Three Wheelin'

Fishey.....What is the use of the car is the issue. Strictly street or track? Do you want race pads or street pads or a combo of both? Drilled rotors on rear are ok but I would not use on the front. Slotted may not be eligible in some PCA DE events, I think NY region requires non slotted/drilled at their events. So that may be something to consider before purchasing. I am partial to Performance Friction pads and Power Slot rotors(Brembo).
Old 06-25-2003 | 01:05 PM
Chris_924s
Nerd Herder
Rennlist Member

I have heard good things about frozen rotors- but havent used them. I'm about to do all 4 corners on the 924s soon- just got oem (padgid /mintex)pads and will turn the rotors. Road use only vehicle.
Old 06-25-2003 | 01:41 PM
Michael Stephenson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fading sounds like your fluid is in need of changing.

I would do it this way - change the fluid first. When retracting the brake pistons for changing the bads, push the pistons all the way in and let the brake fluid exit out of the bleeders. If your car was like mine, the fluid in the calipers was black. By changing the fluid first, the newer fluid will re-fill the calipers.
Old 06-25-2003 | 01:41 PM
Michael Stephenson
Addict
Rennlist Member

Fading sounds like your fluid is in need of changing. I like to use ATE Blue.

I would do it this way - change the fluid first. When retracting the brake pistons for changing the bads, push the pistons all the way in and let the brake fluid exit out of the bleeders. If your car was like mine, the fluid in the calipers was black. By changing the fluid first, the newer fluid will re-fill the calipers.

Also, the 928 brake bias valve will but more power to the rear brakes which in my opinion helps the car stop better - it squats more and nose dives less. However, changing it is a real PIA as the plastic fender liner from the passenger front has to be removed and there is not much room to maneuver a wrench.
Old 06-25-2003 | 04:51 PM
tlynch99
Advanced

I just did the brakes on my car, I bought ATE super Blue and Mintex Pads from Paragon. The whole process of installing the new pads and bleed the brakes took a couple of hours. And I have been extreamly happy with the results.

Quick Reply: Brake Pad's and rotors help me out!