Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How do I take out of the parking brake cable?

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 11:29 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Default How do I take out of the parking brake cable?

on the driver side?

The only thing holding my trailing arm on is the parking brake cable. I can see where it goes to the torsion tube but there is no way I could get that off without dropping the torsion tube.....

need to get this apart ASAP
Old 11-14-2008, 11:37 AM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Eh? Its just clipped to the torsion tube, theres little brackets that hold it in place and theyre up on the back of the tube (closer to the front of the car). You have to remove the aluminum brace part that has two bolts on each end and sits in front of the torsion tube and under the torque tube to get the cable out of there.

Then you dismantle the parking brakes on each side and the cable can come out of each trailing arm and it just stays loose. Only the three ends are secured, the one in the cabin and the ones in the parking brakes. The rest of the cable is just clipped to the torsion bar tube.
Old 11-14-2008, 11:45 AM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts

I got that clip off, but the cable won't slide thru the bracket to the trailing arm side. Is there a slot cut into that bracket on the torsion tube to slide it out? I did not disconnect the cable at the trailing arm (totally forgot until now) and am looking to avoid that.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:25 PM
theedge
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike Markota
I got that clip off, but the cable won't slide thru the bracket to the trailing arm side. Is there a slot cut into that bracket on the torsion tube to slide it out? I did not disconnect the cable at the trailing arm (totally forgot until now) and am looking to avoid that.
Theres a rubber bellows that you pull back, then just the wire cable itself slides through the little slot. Takes some wiggling and make sure the parking brake is off. It will probably help to disconnect the cable at the lever, if you unbolt the lever itself you can unhook the cable without loosening bolts, so then you dont have to readjust it later.

Quick Reply: How do I take out of the parking brake cable?