Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ever heard of Motorkote?

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2008, 02:06 AM
Ecos
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever heard of Motorkote?

Ever heard of Motorkote? It's an oil additive that helps lubricate stuff. I am leery about additives because many use solids that tend to clog/gum up your engine (Motorkote doesn't use solids) and other just flat out don't work but my stepdad is an over-the-road truck driver and he absolutely swears by this stuff. He's been running it through his turbo diesel for hundreds of thousands of miles with no problems. Also since his gas bill can easily exceed $1,000 a week he is fanatical about logging all gas mileage changes. He swears this stuff also increases his gas mileage.

I just added it to my car and my idle speed just went 100rpm...which can be caused by less friction allowing things to move easier. Since the car was new to me I'm not sure if it actually affected my gas mileage.

Check out the video of them testing it against other brands of oil http://www.motorkote.com/Competition.aspx

Anyone else have experience with this product?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:56 PM
DarylJ
Three Wheelin'

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

As with all snake oil: if it were really that good, we'd all have heard of it by now, and it would be in all new vehicles, and specified by the manufacturers.

Do you really think the manufacturers would NOT use something of such an insignificant cost (compared to building the rest of the car) to increase their gas mileage with CAFE and other restrictions in place if it actually worked?

Quick Reply: Ever heard of Motorkote?