Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

someone to look @ 951 in the bay area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2003, 03:35 AM
DangerIsland
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post someone to look @ 951 in the bay area?

I found this ad during my search for a replacement to my 944: <a href="http://mall.rennlist.com/scripts/listings/ads.pl?search_and_display_db_button=on&db_id=39259&query=retrieval" target="_blank">Ad</a>

Seems exceedingly cheap, right? I asked the selling in an email what the story was, and he explained that it is a car that he worked on in his shop, buyer couldn't afford repairs, so he's got the car now and wants to sell it. It's got a new head, head gasket, clutch, tranny, wheels, etc. Only major problem he said was a nasty dent in the drivers side rear panel.

Sounds too good to be true, so I was hoping I could enlist a rennlister to check the car out for me and see what kind of shape it's in. I believe the car is in San Jose.

If the seller is reading this, I don't want to come off like I don't trust you, I'd just love to have someone eyeball the car, and I don't want to pay for a ticket to the bay yet if I can get a quick look by someone else.

Someone send me an email if you're available. I'll make it up to you somehow. jleblanc@real.com

And if anyone sneaks in and buys it, I'll hunt you down and do something evil to you!@#%$
Old 01-10-2003, 03:40 AM
mumzer
Racer

im familiar with the car and with david...i will be at his place on saturday, and can check it out more carefully if you like.
Old 01-10-2003, 04:11 AM
DangerIsland
Burning Brakes

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Originally posted by mumzer:
<strong>im familiar with the car and with david...i will be at his place on saturday, and can check it out more carefully if you like.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">Awesome, thank you! I'm glad someone on the list knows him, always makes me feel better to hear that.

Quick Reply: someone to look @ 951 in the bay area?