Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buying Tools... Q's

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 03:43 AM
Hans
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]...anyone have any so to say 'special' requests for something that would be extra useful? <hr></blockquote>

No request but add-on (got them already):
Socket with integrated universal joint, six sided, 3/8" square, size 10 & 13 mm.
Like this:
<a href="http://www.mansew.com/HAZET/TORX-SOCKET-WITH-HINGE.asp" target="_blank">http://www.mansew.com/HAZET/TORX-SOCKET-WITH-HINGE.asp</a>
The only picture I could find fast, showing Torx tool, but also available in six sided hex.
Comes in very handy were there is no access for normal sockets (and that is on most places)
TakeCare
Old 12-03-2002, 10:28 AM
924Superwagen
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[quote]Originally posted by PorschePlayer:
<strong>One final suggestion, don't be in a rush to buy alot of tools. The foreman at the bodyshop I used to work at was a great guy, and gave me some really good advice, when I first started. He basically told me to buy tools as I needed them. There is no reason to buy a huge set of largely specialty tools, when in reality there are only a few you need. As you become more mechanically inclined, and decide to tackle more advanced jobs, you can then buy additional tools.</strong><hr></blockquote>This was something that I had thought about for quite some time, but I realized that I am jumping into a project, fixing lawnmowers, studying mechanical engineering (I may have a few related projects with that soon) Therefore I might need the larger set from Craftsman... but i have not decided yet.

Quick Reply: Buying Tools... Q's