Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

XP-CPRacing: NEW WEBSITE-FINALLY!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 08:26 PM
CPR
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Yes I do..I've even used one although it was more of a cannon but I haven't built one myself. Are you telling me that your guys somehow built one that uses 480V 3 phase?
Yes....A 10' stick of 4" rigid galvanized pipe hooked up to 480v compressor for a blend of high compression air and a seperate LP inlet chambered adjacent to the load....I hate to say it....BUT IT IS AWESOME!!!!! They have it attached to a scissor lift, so they can drive it around (Well in a 50'radius due to cables, air/LP lines)

They built this while I was out....I wanted to kill them, but then they said "Just try it...." and that was it. Well 4 hours later....... Anything that was not bolted down and that we could stuff in the barrell is gone. I am going to see if my Chem Heads can make us some mini-Naplm B loads.....

BTW, the PC has a burnt coil on B phase...they have it in single phase config now. If you are still interested you can have it...just pay the shipping. If you like I can check the cost of a new core? Even put it in for free....I don't think you could benefit much from a single phase one. No biggy, let me know I'll be back playing with it tomorrow
Old 11-12-2008, 11:41 PM
kevincnc
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well the last thing I would want to do is take away anyone's fun with projectiles but I appreciate the offer. I think the one I played with (long ago) was only 3" and when the guys were shooting stuff (hopefully) over the freeway, all I could think of was the evening news report stating that the police were still looking for the suspects. Mounted to a mobile scissor lift...you guys need to to apply for Junkyard Wars. I'm guessing that your chem heads will be more concerned about going to jail than having that much fun with Napalm, they can likely make little chemical reactions that will get them more excited than mass destruction anyway. I can use my small VFD's to get 220 3 phase from single phase for now on <5HP motors. I'll come up with a transformer and 480V vfd if necessary. I'd rather spend the shipping money on a splitter and clear lenses anyway

Originally Posted by CPR
Yes....A 10' stick of 4" rigid galvanized pipe hooked up to 480v compressor for a blend of high compression air and a separate LP inlet chambered adjacent to the load....I hate to say it....BUT IT IS AWESOME!!!!! They have it attached to a scissor lift, so they can drive it around (Well in a 50'radius due to cables, air/LP lines)

They built this while I was out....I wanted to kill them, but then they said "Just try it...." and that was it. Well 4 hours later....... Anything that was not bolted down and that we could stuff in the barrell is gone. I am going to see if my Chem Heads can make us some mini-Naplm B loads.....

BTW, the PC has a burnt coil on B phase...they have it in single phase config now. If you are still interested you can have it...just pay the shipping. If you like I can check the cost of a new core? Even put it in for free....I don't think you could benefit much from a single phase one. No biggy, let me know I'll be back playing with it tomorrow
Old 11-13-2008, 12:16 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by kevincnc
Well the last thing I would want to do is take away anyone's fun with projectiles but I appreciate the offer. I think the one I played with (long ago) was only 3" and when the guys were shooting stuff (hopefully) over the freeway, all I could think of was the evening news report stating that the police were still looking for the suspects. Mounted to a mobile scissor lift...you guys need to to apply for Junkyard Wars. I'm guessing that your chem heads will be more concerned about going to jail than having that much fun with Napalm, they can likely make little chemical reactions that will get them more excited than mass destruction anyway. I can use my small VFD's to get 220 3 phase from single phase for now on <5HP motors. I'll come up with a transformer and 480V vfd if necessary. I'd rather spend the shipping money on a splitter and clear lenses anyway
The Chem boys wouldn't go to jail...that is what they do everyday. They handle the Benzene/Polystyrene blend portions of Naplam B....all you do is add gas to the blend....well, it is a little more complicated than that but you get the idea. That stuff sticks to anything, and I mean anything and depending on the blend burns for quite some time. We do have a bit of vegetation that could use some..."controlled burning" behind the shop
Old 11-13-2008, 12:26 AM
Andy1212
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CPR
The Chem boys wouldn't go to jail...that is what they do everyday. They handle the Benzene/Polystyrene blend portions of Naplam B....all you do is add gas to the blend....well, it is a little more complicated than that but you get the idea. That stuff sticks to anything, and I mean anything and depending on the blend burns for quite some time. We do have a bit of vegetation that could use some..."controlled burning" behind the shop
Will you hire me in 5 years when i get my mechanical/electrical engineering degree??
Old 11-13-2008, 12:40 AM
CPR
Race Director

Originally Posted by Andy1212
Will you hire me in 5 years when i get my mechanical/electrical engineering degree??
Absoultely...assuming OBama doesn't cut my funding

Yes, there are some fun days......

Quick Reply: XP-CPRacing: NEW WEBSITE-FINALLY!!