Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Reference Sensor Male Plug...

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:54 PM
Jim 944S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Reference Sensor Male Plug...

Having been following the recent rash of "won't start" threads here and experiencing the same problem with mine (it turned out to be a cracked reference sensor plug), has led me to ask the following questions:

I can buy a Female plug (for the wire harness side) from Ian for a few bucks and patch that in, but he doesn't have the Male plug (for the sensor side) that can be purchased separately. The reference sensor has the wire AND plug already attached. Do any of you know a place that DOES sell just the Male plug that I can solder onto the sensor wire that's already in place?

Do any of you have a Male plug from a buggered sensor that you'd sell to me?

It just roasts my kiester to have to put in a new sensor/plug unit at 100/something bucks (plus I HATE digging around back there) in order to solve such a simple problem.

Thanks for all your help, guys and good luck to your endeavours...!

Jim 1987 944S (As Red Skelton would say... "Good Night and may God Bless!)
Old 10-20-2008, 10:24 PM
pcutt
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Buy used from Parts Heaven.

How's it in Boca these days? I fled^H^H^H^Hleft in '88 when I had enough of the fossils.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:32 PM
jpk
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went through this a couple of years back with my early car. I couldn't find ANYONE to sell the male side of that connector, but a number of places that sold the female side. My thought at that time was to simply swap both sides with a more current GM-Packard connector rated for under hood use (kayjayco.com has the GM and Bosch connectors). I did find the sensors themselves for about $56 at bavarian auto - I think it was for the '88 or '89 M3. The only difference is that the BMW wire leads are a tad longer.

Quick Reply: Reference Sensor Male Plug...