Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Replacing Rear speakers...Advice needed

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2003, 07:26 PM
Phil Harrison
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Replacing Rear speakers...Advice needed

I'm actually replacing my 4 speaker setup with the 10 speaker Hi-Fi setup, I have installed the new door panels, now onto the rears.

The Stereo FAQ says:

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva"> As noted in step 6, it is not required to remove the side window. However if you really, really want to, here are the instructions (from TurboTim):

Place one hand on the inside of the car - on the glass near the rear of the pane.
Push the window out, while prying from the outside with the other hand. The window should pop right out. Be careful not to drop that glass - may be helpful to have a friend assist.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Helvetica,Geneva">OK, so:

1. Is it neccesary to remove the side window to do a QUALITY job?

if yes

2. Do you remove the metal trim on the outside of the window molding before pushing the window out?

& finally if yes

3. Is it easy to get that trim back on?

TIA
Old 01-07-2003, 09:09 PM
Scootin159
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Alright, I just did mine 2 days ago, so I've got some good advice for you.

1. Yes it is nessesary. @ the factory they put in that interior panel before they put the window in. Once you get the window out you'll probably notice that part of the vynal is overlapped so far that it is actually outside of the window (behind the molding).

2. Apparently you don't have to, but I found it much easier to remove the window with it gone.

3. Yes, it just presses back in (if you put it on before you put the window back in).

Anyways, all said & done you can't tell that anything was ever done to it & only took about 5 minutes to remove the window & 15 to put it back in.

Hope all goes well for you...

Quick Reply: Replacing Rear speakers...Advice needed