Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

944 dash speaker

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 05:34 PM
Devia
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Luis, thanks for the complement! No, I really don't wrench much on the side, except to work on my boyfriend's Talon, and to help out some of my girlfriends.

Chris, I put up a pic of me on another thread in OT wearing a latex rubber dress, heheheh.

Conor, I don't know if the detector would have the signal messed with; my thought was to hide it under the grill, since you aren't suppose to have those in some states, and I think CA is one of those. So I figured I could turn it on/off with a button, that would fit in one of those blank holes on the console.

There are more pics coming, do not worry. One of the few problems I did encounter is that we put on a new steering wheel, but a retaining ring was bent to all bloody hell, and just didn't look right. So, you can see the wires at the base of the steering column, just in front of the wipers' switch (which unfortunately needs to be replaced, grr!).

Yeah, wiper gremlins. Driving down the street, put on my blinkers, and they go off! And then two minutes later, again; repeat, repeat. Drove me nuts until Legoland disconnected the motor.

A little more work must be done before I repaint her.

- Julie
Old 05-26-2003, 05:50 PM
89magic98
In the Sink
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 75 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Chris_924s:
<strong>I have rubber gloves, but forget to wear them.. Thanks for the pic Julie- I'll try to remove it today. Seems a little "proctological..."
So- we finally get to see a pic of Julie clad in rubber... Those darned Cali chicks!!! </strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I put a BEL 956STR in mine. (I've had this type of setup for more than 10 years.)

This is a remote model: the receiver is mounted under the front bumper, just behind the license plate.

The receiver itself sits under the speaker cover. I turn it on and off with one of the stock console switches (next to the power mirror switch in front of the ashtray).

With this setup, you can't see the lights (which I think is an advantage) except at night, where a slight reflection can be seen in the windshield. But I always got used to listening to the audio alerts from the detector anyway, and the concealment of the unit makes it worth it!

Quick Reply: 944 dash speaker