Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clear coat cracking what years and colors

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 12:27 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,217 Likes on 1,251 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Hacker,this is what i had on my 89 NA.
Guys that saw the car will verfiy that you didnt see it unless the light hit it right.
Same with my car, I've pointed it out to people who say they never noticed it.

You should just by my 944S, paint is in awesome shape. It's been in a climate controlled show room since 2001
Old 08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
Where is the car? Have someone you trust thats local go look at it, easy peasy.
Gee I never thought of that! The car is two hours from anyone on this board. The two people on this board I would impose on are five hours from the car. Like hacker said, you point it out to people that dont notice, the seller may not notice it.

I cant tell the seller he needs a paint job so i am reducing my offer because it suffers from something that is not there.
Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
Same with my car, I've pointed it out to people who say they never noticed it.

You should just by my 944S, paint is in awesome shape. It's been in a climate controlled show room since 2001
If my S2 isnt putting down the power because of the altitude..... you know the rest. If your S had a chevy lump in it, it would be a different story.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:47 PM
SamGrant951
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom R.
Gee I never thought of that! The car is two hours from anyone on this board. The two people on this board I would impose on are five hours from the car. Like hacker said, you point it out to people that dont notice, the seller may not notice it.
So sorry smartass, I didn't know you were buying a car from BFE. Im sure plenty of folks wouldn't notice - thats why I said "someone you trust."
Old 08-27-2008, 03:13 PM
Jay W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

87 dark blue metallic, clearcoat is really bad on the sunroof. It is practically white and has gotten that way in the last 3 years. The rest of the car including the hood has good clearcoat, probably the steel vs the fiberglass base. But heck the paint is 22 years old so I don't blame it. Original owner even wrote in his log book when he waxed the car but the owners since the early/mid nineties have not been as nice to it. I leave it outside in the sun nowadays.
Old 08-27-2008, 03:34 PM
Tom R.
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 114 Likes on 82 Posts

Originally Posted by SamGrant951
So sorry smartass, I didn't know you were buying a car from BFE. Im sure plenty of folks wouldn't notice - thats why I said "someone you trust."
i guess my answer was out of frustration. if i was with the car for three minutes i would have an answer. seller says it is fine. i dont think he is wrong, i just dont know if he is right since it is so hard to see, and i know would drive me nuts, and make me want to sell the car three minutes after it is unloaded from the transporter.

Quick Reply: Clear coat cracking what years and colors