Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

OT: Found a Ninja 250 on CraigsLIst

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2003, 12:11 PM
MM951
Race Director

Received 49 Likes on 39 Posts
Post OT: Found a Ninja 250 on CraigsLIst

Hey Guys,

As you might know I've been looking for a great starter bike and I found two...

Heres number one:

I have a bike that is still running, but in bad shape. I just got a new Triumph and replaced my OLD 92 kawasaki Ninja EX250. It is only 250 cc, but still runs. Needs work though. It was my first motorcycle and I ran it into the ground. It was a city bike, and the people of this fine city treated it as such. Knocked over a few times, somebody snapped off the left rearview(twice! the f*ckers), had to get a temporary gas tank that was never replaced, etc. But it took good care of me. It would be a good first motorcycle for you as well as a great project if thats your thing. You could ride it as is if you want to, but I chose to abstain. I haven't ridden her in a month or two and she started right up for me the other day when I checked it. I rode it until the left rearview was snapped off(the second time), then I just said forget it and got the new triumph. No allusions here, it is beat up and it shows it, but it is a really quick bike that is light and agile. I bought it from a friend two years ago and got two good years use out of it. I am pretty busy all the time, so taking the time to make repairs etc wasn't feasible. It is currently sitting in the lot at my apt in soho. $500 and she's yours. She does run, but if you're looking for a fancy one, this isn't it.

Considering brand new these are 3 grand, and I can get a late used one for 1200ish right now, what should I offer her? If its only cosmetic damage I'm okay with it (but fairings are expensive...) as long as its mech. great...what should I offer?

And the other one is this one:

<b>1982 Honda Nighthawk 650. Good condition. Runs great. Only 18,100 miles. Blue; a few cracks in the body casing, but still a pretty cool looking bike. Comfortable ride. Great starters bike. Excellent for riding around town, handles great. Must sell - moving across country. Contact Rob at xxxxxx 1982 Honda Nighthawk 650. Good condition. Runs great. Only 18,100 miles. Blue; a few cracks in the body casing, but still a pretty cool looking bike. Comfortable ride. Great starters bike. Excellent for riding around town, handles great. Must sell - moving across country. Contact Rob at xxxxxxx
Email for pictures.

it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
this is in or around New Canaan, CT

Brian suggested something along the lines of this...

Thanks to everyone that helped, esp. Brian and Morgan (Turby)

Thanks!
Mike

Quick Reply: OT: Found a Ninja 250 on CraigsLIst