Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone want one or two used cookie cutters?

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2002, 07:41 PM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Talking Anyone want one or two used cookie cutters?

Recently I responded to an ad for six used cookie cutters for sale. The ad asked the prospective buyer to make an offer, and I offered $225 plus shipping for the best four. The seller replied that he would take $225 including shipping for all six!

Wow, I wish all transactions were like this! After bidding about ten times on e-bay over the past year and always getting outbid--and frustrated--this was such a relief.

Anyway, I now have six cookie cutters, but I only have use for four of them. Since the seller was so generous with me, I figure I will pass on the favor. I'll sell the two leftover wheels (or one at a time) to anyone willing to pay zero dollars plus the shipping charges.

I'm keeping the four that are in the best shape, so the remaining two need some work to look really good. The black centers look OK, but the polished rims need some work (see the other topic I posted today). They also come without center caps.

Reply to this post or send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Cheers,

Mark
Old 11-23-2002, 11:48 PM
Geo
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by Mark Hubley:
<strong>Recently I responded to an ad for six used cookie cutters for sale. The ad asked the prospective buyer to make an offer, and I offered $225 plus shipping for the best four. The seller replied that he would take $225 including shipping for all six!

Wow, I wish all transactions were like this! After bidding about ten times on e-bay over the past year and always getting outbid--and frustrated--this was such a relief.

Anyway, I now have six cookie cutters, but I only have use for four of them. Since the seller was so generous with me, I figure I will pass on the favor. I'll sell the two leftover wheels (or one at a time) to anyone willing to pay zero dollars plus the shipping charges.

I'm keeping the four that are in the best shape, so the remaining two need some work to look really good. The black centers look OK, but the polished rims need some work (see the other topic I posted today). They also come without center caps.

Reply to this post or send me an e-mail if you're interested.

Cheers,

Mark</strong><hr></blockquote>

I am always interested in extra wheels for my racing effort. However, before I'd every personally consider accepting such an offer, (assuming it was still valid) I would point you to Skip. He was looking for extra wheels for his racing effort a while back, and considering how much he gives to this community, I think if he could use them, he would be a worthy recipient.
Old 11-24-2002, 02:01 AM
davidc
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sure! What size are they? What year are they off of? DaveC
Old 11-24-2002, 10:45 AM
Mark Hubley
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
I figured this wouldn't take very long. One is already spoken for. At the request of Geo I'll try to contact Skip. If Skip doesn't go for it then I'll ask Geo and then Dave C.

I'm not sure what car they came off of. I bought them from a guy who purchased them for use with a VW. They are 15x7 and the part number is 911.361.023.54R.

I assume the offset is 23 mm; I think that's the offset for all cookie cutters. They should fit 86 and earlier 944's.

Quick Reply: Anyone want one or two used cookie cutters?