Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Time to bid farewell

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2008, 03:58 AM
89AZ944
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Time to bid farewell

Well-

Time sure flies when you are driving a 944. I thought it would be a few more months before I would be writing something like this, but the time has come. It seemed like yesterday that I rushed out with cash in 2004 to buy my "little slice of fun," but now it has ended.

I will be turning over the keys to a new driver this Thursday and I have to say it was the most enjoyable 60K I have ever spent in a car (That's spent IN a car, not ON it, although sometimes it feels like it). Even through all the annoying quirks of owning a 2.7 liter 89. I kinda enjoyed those little things that just made the car a LITTLE bit different from other 944s (+20 hp, electric rear hatch lock, etc. but not the premium gas!) and I will sure miss the time spent behind the wheel.

It was serendipity that I was able to sell it so quickly. I had just had the service done and got the A-arms redone in preparation of putting it up on here and Craigslist, when the garage mentioned they had somebody looking for a 944 when I went to pick it up. I named my price and 24 hours later we had a deal. A big plus is the new owner is a 944 fan and I know they will take good care of it.

I have not been as active on the list lately as I have been finishing up school and working pretty hard. Now that we have adopted our niece and nephew, I need something with 4 doors in case the wife cannot pick up the kids in the SUV.

Special Thanks to-

Travis of Rennbay for all the neat little parts (wish I ordered more)

streckfu's for giving me much needed documentation when I took something apart and could not figure out how to get it back together

Pauerman, Plyhammer, and shmucklebuckle for selling me good parts

tod84944 and George (at 944 Ecology) for being patient and informative when I had questions about parts

Campeck, The Stig, Porschephile, Tom R, Rock and all you other knuckleheads with the wacky avatars and even better stories (no body panels, biatch).

Jeremy H. and the PHX area turbo guys for making a NA driver (that they never met before) feel welcome

Scott of Team Harco for many laughs at the expense of the Tilted Kilt (or did I get that backwards????)

The management - Jenn was awesome in straightening out some membership mix-ups I had a while back and I think they run one heck of a board.

Even through all the flames and the nitpicking I feel that this forum is one of the strongest INTERNET forums out there and is a true online community that cares. The way we came together and remembered Ice Shark, the charity work that numerous people on the board have done and even the little things like "just bring it over and let's take a look at it" are what makes this board special.

I will still drop in from time to time (lurking), but I wanted a leave a big thank you to the Rennlist community. You were always there for advice and coming through with the extra help when I needed it.

If any of you PHX area listers see a Nissan XTerra flashing it's lights at you, it's me.....old habits die hard.....So long and see you around!

Brad E.
89AZ944
Old 07-09-2008, 04:34 AM
FRporscheman
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I'm glad you enjoyed your car while you had it, and I hope to see you back here in the future!
Old 07-09-2008, 08:08 AM
Spidey944
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You better keep checking your PM's !! The 944 was paid for, you could of just kept the damn thing!!
Old 07-09-2008, 12:34 PM
Scott at Team Harco
Just a car guy
Rennlist Member

Received 835 Likes on 524 Posts

Brad,

Glad you had a good time with your car. It I remember correctly (after all the beer ) your car was awesome sweet. If must have been a difficult time when you had to say goodbye.

As for bidding US farewell - forget that. You need to get yourself a beater 944 like mine (maybe not that bad...). You'll probably want to fix it up and make it all pretty and everything - you just have to resist that idea. Keep it mechanically sound, but let the cosmetic stuff go. Hey - works for me. Plus, unless your niece and nephew are big kids, they can still fit in the back seat.

Stay in touch with the rest of the gang. You know you've got the disease. Maybe we'll do another GTG at the Kilt, next time I'm in Phoenix. And - yeah, you got things reversed on that...

Last edited by Scott at Team Harco; 07-09-2008 at 02:03 PM.
Old 07-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Rock
Lazer Beam Shooter
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Awww man. These goodbyes always make me realize how fast time goes. Its sad, but thats life.

I remember you were here for just about as long as Ive owned 944's. You were one of the old schoolers! Been with us through it all!

Maybe one day youll get another, who knows.

Good luck and thanks for being part of our community!!!
Old 07-09-2008, 01:54 PM
harrisonrick
Captain Obvious
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why not end things up with an array of pics?

Quick Reply: Time to bid farewell