Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ferrari F-50

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2002, 02:52 AM
*Michael.*
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[quote]Originally posted by Luis de Prat:
<strong> but this being a Porsche forum, I'd give either of them up for this baby:

That's what I call a whale tail...

Live the marque!</strong><hr></blockquote>

The President of the PCA - Germany works for Porsche, we were all talking at one of the Auto-X events. He was saying that the only thing that he has driven more powerful then this dudes Ruf was a GT1. I was like "Holy crap you've driven a GT1!" He just said yeah like it was no big deal. The dude that has the Ruf moddified 993 that we were talking about has around 515Hp....
Old 11-05-2002, 01:15 PM
Hybrid VW
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I took 4 hours off of work last Wed. to go to hear an F50 on a dyno. They were recording sounds for Gotham 2 for X Box. Nothing beats 12 cylinders of Italian fury
Old 11-05-2002, 01:37 PM
Type_LT
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There was an F50 in the Yankee Candle car museum here in Ma. I took many pictures of it, they are on my webpage, just see the links below. I was angry at whoever waxed it though! They left wax all over the pininfarina badge. They had an older rading Porsche too, can't remember if it was a 932 or not. I don't see many nice cars in west springfield, i must be in the wrong part of Ma.!
Old 11-05-2002, 01:44 PM
nickhance
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I actually saw an F50 on the road earlier this year. I was on my way back to college in Reading, PA and he was coming from the Velrodome (I can't spell.) on to 222.

I actually stopped my car in the middle of the road to let this guy turn in front of me. I stayed stopped until I couldn't see it anymore.

That car was probably the most incredible one I've seen on the road. We don't have many exotics over here, but it seems when I see them... they're pretty rare cars indeed.
Old 11-05-2002, 06:00 PM
Mark Parker
Burning Brakes

Unhappy

Damn !! All I ever get to see are new pickup trucks!!
Old 11-05-2002, 06:45 PM
rihaa
Racer

Hehe talk about Orange county and exotic car dealerships...

Platinum motors in Santa Ana is one of 7 official Lamborghini Dealers in the country.
Ferrari of Costa Mesa, which was right next to the junior college I went to.
Right down the road from that is a Lotus dealer that always had a few Lambos and ferraris and the like.
Porsche Newport Beach shares a showroom with Bentley and Rolls Royce.
Right down PCH from that dealer is Newport motorsports which has pretty much all yellow, red, and black ferrari's or lambos with a few lotus' thrown in for good measure.

I'm sure there are quite a bit more around but those are all of them I can think of within a 15 mile radius.

Now that I am up at UCLA right next door to Beverly Hills and Bel Air I can drive past Lamborghini Beverly Hills and see Murcialago's sitting in the window just a block or two down from the Ferrari Beverly Hills dealer.

I love southern california, so many ridiculously nice cars around that I've always got something to drool over.
Old 11-05-2002, 08:53 PM
ELLSSUU
Geaux Tigers!
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts
There's a couple of F50's here in town. There's also supposedly one of only two special factory racing F50's here that goes for over a million dollars.

One of the F50's was just sold so that the owner could finance the purchase of Phil Hills LeMans winning 1962 Ferrari. I haven't seen it yet but I understand the guy intends on driving the $6.5 million dollar car at the local track and it has also been seen on the streets of New Orleans.
Old 11-05-2002, 09:31 PM
Turby
Banned

There are two F-50's here in Boston.

Quick Reply: Ferrari F-50