Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rear bumper side molding is crooked/bent/not right?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2002, 01:36 AM
Operator
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post rear bumper side molding is crooked/bent/not right?

ive seen this on other 944's and now i see it on mine after getting the new drivers side quarter panel... and all the crazy body work that came with doing that... my rear bumper corner on the drivers side isnt really flat.. its bumpy.. like it doesnt fit.. is there some easy way to fix this? if i ask the body shop to fix it? if i push on it.. it looks right.. but the way it is now it buldges a bit. no biggy, but.. still.. annoying. couple other things too but im not annoyed enough with them yet to make a post

heres a pic of the place on the car im talkin about
Old 05-08-2002, 02:05 AM
newoldguy
Instructor

I'm not positive but I'll offer this---it looks to me like the side piece is buckling a bit. I'm wondering if the bumper is in too far causing this to happen. The front side of that piece has two small bolts that hold it to the metal on the front side (this can't move). The rear end is held in place by the bumper guards so it seems to me that maybe its gotton pushed in on itself. Maybe get under the bumper, loosen the big Allen bolt on that side and see if you can pull it out straight. As I remember, mine had an eccentric on the bolt allowing you some wiggle room on the rear bumper. Let us know what you find out.
Old 05-09-2002, 03:10 AM
Operator
Three Wheelin'

oh my
i looked under there
the left bumper cap isnt capped on to the metal bumper itself, its hinged under it.. no wonder.. how to get it back on ?

Quick Reply: rear bumper side molding is crooked/bent/not right?