Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Clutch Master and Slave Cylender replament...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:22 PM
TRDRacer
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch Master and Slave Cylender replament...

So i got my Clutch and Slave cylenders replaced as I did not have time to mess around with them and wanted to try this new mechanic out! he seemed cool and told me it was both the slave and master cylenders which I already knew, he said he can change them out! So he tells me it will be around 500 to replace both with bleading the system and install! I told him to do it and today i come in and He tells me $750 for everything! He charged me 145 for a clucth cylender and 110 for a slave cylender which i can get for $60 each So I got ripped on that! Pluse 392 for labor! and then he added on shop supplies and other **** to make the Total $750!

I usually do my own stuff with my cars and just did not have time for fixing it as I need my car for this weekend! Anyways is this a reasonable price just for two things and brake fluid? If I do it myself I could have gotten this done with around $140 for all parts and fuilds!
Old 06-20-2008, 11:40 PM
azbanks
Freedom Enthusiast
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Did you get a quote in writing? In some state a verbal quote could be binding. Let him know you'll be posting his info with the whole story on the internet. Is the $250 he scammed you out of worth the lost business he'll lose due to a bad reputation.
Old 06-21-2008, 05:17 AM
TRDRacer
Instructor

No i did not get a written quote he told me over the phone. But I am not going back to him again! I could have gotten all the parts for $150 max! He used the company FTE for the products which are $60 a piece and he charged me 147 for each! and then he added on 4 hours of work on a slave and clutch replacement which takes no more then 2 maybe 2.5 hours for a shop and he added on some bs for shop supplies which should be included in the labor! I have with held his ships name just because I did not want to get in trouble on the boards!
Old 06-21-2008, 09:01 AM
roman944
Drifting

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

my uncle used to charge people only for parts and always showed them the receipt
and as for work most of a time for little things like oil change or tune up people only got charged for the parts as well
just made a decent name for himself and many came back when the car needed something bigger done

just suck it up, not much you can do about this except to take your business elsewhere or do it yourself next time
Old 06-21-2008, 02:11 PM
TRDRacer
Instructor

Yea I know just felt like Venting! I could have bought a complete timing belt set with waterpump and front engine seal for $610 and then buy the camtower main and rear seals and maybe a exhaust gasket aswell for about the same price!

Quick Reply: Clutch Master and Slave Cylender replament...