Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

North Carolina Meet...Just two weeks away.....

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2002, 07:20 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Received 66 Likes on 38 Posts
Post North Carolina Meet...Just two weeks away.....

Hey all,

Just a quick update, the auto-x / NC meet is still on. I may have lost my car, and that is a set back, but I'm already scowering the market looking for my next car so hopefully it is only a temporary set back. It might be a 914 it might be a 951, or it might be a VW, who knows, but it will be fun.

Anyway, back on topic. The meet is on, and hopefully you guys will still come on over to Winston-Salem for some fun, and i'm sure some good conversations.
Old 05-06-2002, 09:04 PM
Brett944Cab
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ian,
I had already seen mentions about your burnt 951, but after checking the picture, I truly feel for you. Good luck with insurance and with the search.
I'm in Wilmington, and I like the sound of the meet. What are the details? I have to get the power-loss issue resolved on my Cab first, but it would be good to meet other NC 44-people, especially since I just got into this a couple of weeks ago.
Old 05-07-2002, 09:20 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Brett,

Well because we are all new at this, we are sort of shooting from the hip, but this is what it looks like so far.

There is an Auto-x at the dixy classic fair ground here in Winston-Salem and I figure all those who want to drive can meet there early in the morning and everyone else that just wants to make it down to meet eachother can filter in throughout the day. Details on the auto-x can be found at <a href="http://auto-x.com" target="_blank">the triad sports car clubs home page.</a>

The auto-x should take up most of the day (it is a really good course, normally very wide open with enough room for our porsches to streach the legs a little.

After the auto-x we were going to head over to a near by restraunt with good beer and what I think are good burgers and steaks. It would be a nice casual way for us to get to know eachother. Hopefully this will be the first event of many, but I hope you can make it.
Old 05-07-2002, 10:33 AM
Matt O.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 79 Likes on 35 Posts
Ian,

Sounds good. Question: I know we've talked about this before, but do I need to bring anything to this auto-x? Besides my car that is. I don't have a helmet - is that required? I have never done one.

I was looking through the pics at the site for the auto-x and thought this was pretty funny...

Old 05-07-2002, 02:19 PM
ian
Nordschleife Master

Matt,

I have a helmet and they have them there for you to borrow as well. But you can borrow mine or I'm sure one of the other guys will have them as well.

But as long as the brakes are firm and the battery is tied down tight you'll be ready to roll. Put the windows down and drive.
Old 05-09-2002, 10:39 AM
ian
Nordschleife Master

bump

Quick Reply: North Carolina Meet...Just two weeks away.....