Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

pt cruiser turbo???

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2003, 03:17 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">I think Lexus has the highest repeat business in the world. Something like 92% of Lexus owners are on at least their second Lexus.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Depends what you consider World. If it is USA, this might be tru. In Europe it's totally different situation. When european person have enough money to buy a luxury car he usually thinks first big Mercedes, BMW or Audi and maybe Jaguar. Lexus just don't have such a status than german quality cars have. People think Lexus is a Toyota.
BTW of these japanes "luxury" cars Lexus is the only one which is sold here in Finland. No Infinity, Acura etc. here in the Finnish market. They just don't have markets here.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:22 AM
SidViscous
Big thirst, Sore Thumbs
Rennlist Member
Napoleon

Received 585 Likes on 375 Posts
"People think Lexus is a Toyota. "

Common mistake, what with them being toyota's and all.

Reminds me of the old Caddilac cimmaron. Take a Caviler, toss in some leather seats and a hood ornament and call it a caddie.
Old 05-22-2003, 03:33 AM
Ag951
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Originally posted by Olli Snellman:
Depends what you consider World. If it is USA, this might be tru. In Europe it's totally different situation. When european person have enough money to buy a luxury car he usually thinks first big Mercedes, BMW or Audi and maybe Jaguar. Lexus just don't have such a status than german quality cars have. People think Lexus is a Toyota.
BTW of these japanes "luxury" cars Lexus is the only one which is sold here in Finland. No Infinity, Acura etc. here in the Finnish market. They just don't have markets here.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Acura, Infinity, and Lexus were designed for the US market. I don't know if the names have spread to the rest of the world.
Cars like the Acura NSX are Hondas elsewhere.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:26 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">Acura, Infinity, and Lexus were designed for the US market. I don't know if the names have spread to the rest of the world.
Cars like the Acura NSX are Hondas elsewhere</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma,Helvetica">This might be tru. On the other hand most of these luxury japanese marks don't have similar vechile available under Toyota,Nissan,Honda etc. mark. At least i have not seen them..
Old 05-22-2003, 05:40 AM
Sami951
Drifting

Olli, it's true, you can actually get a Honda (not Acura) NSX in here... too bad it costs 193 400€.
Old 05-22-2003, 05:43 AM
sweanders
Race Director

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acuras are named Honda i Europe.
The big Land Cruiser/Lexus LX470(?) is the same car.

It's obvious that Lexus is a Toyota, it's even manufactured in Toyota City.

But it's not a bad thing, they decided to make a car that would be better than MB S-Class and BMW 7-series and they are definately in the same league.

I don't understand why people think it's a bad thing that they are being made by Toyota.

In todays market you get what you pay for since the competition is to tough, what brand is just a matter of personal taste.
Old 05-22-2003, 07:06 AM
Olli Snellman
Race Car

I know Honda NSX is available here in Finland.
I ment most of the Infinities,Acuras,Lexus etc. cannot be found under "mother brand"
Toyota Land Cruiser differs quite a lot from Lexus one.
How about then comparing new VW Touareg to Cayenne??
Old 05-22-2003, 08:05 AM
Wahoogie
Racer

While Lexus is a very reliable car, I don't think I can say I'd take one over a benz... It seems Lexus tries to copy all of Mercedes cars, some better than others. I've ridden i na few Lexus' and quite a few mercedes, and I have to say the build quality seems a little more lacking in the Lexus. Not by much, but it's just not as good.

Quick Reply: pt cruiser turbo???