Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finished a top end rebuild, now more troubles

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2002, 12:12 AM
afx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Finished a top end rebuild, now more troubles

I just finished putting my engine back together after a timing belt breakage, now I have some trouble. I can start the car but it will die right after it starts unless I give it gas. Then when it is going if I stop giveing it gas it will just die. When I have it up around 2000 RPM's it stays alive alright, but still feels rough. When I let it drop around 1000 RPM's It will backfire out of the front of the engine. The spark plugs all seem like they are firing, they are quite carbon covered even after the few minutes of messing with it. I am not sure what could be wrong. I do not think I have the vaccum hoses hooked up correctly so that could be part of it.

The black tube in the picture is also connected to the fuel rail. which one of these connectors should it be connected to. Also, what connects to the other connector.

Thanks
Old 11-21-2002, 03:17 PM
afx
Racer

bump
Old 11-21-2002, 03:30 PM
TomH
Pro

Mine's an 88, but it's probably the same. The vac line pictured (with the Y connection) should connect to the closest connector (the rear/right) one on the intake. The other parts of that Y should go to the fuel rail (like you said), where it splits and connects to both the the fuel pressure regulator, and the fuel dampner, and the other half of the Y (pictured) goes to the master brake cylinder area.

The other connector on your intake (that's missing a vac line) should have a line going to a sensor located on the top of the motor directly beneath the intake manifold's rear cylinder.

Email me if you want pix.
Old 11-21-2002, 04:16 PM
superjet.1
Pro

You have the timing belt off one tooth. Check your alighnment and you will see.

Quick Reply: Finished a top end rebuild, now more troubles