Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wheel offset revisited

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2002, 05:46 AM
Ratcals
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Wheel offset revisited

Yes, I know the wheel offset topic has been extensively discussed here but I still have some questions:

1.The general consensus here is the 1986 951 has a 23mm offset. Well this link: <a href="http://www.cantonia.com/wheel_offset.html" target="_blank">Wheel offset table</a> seems to indicate the front offset is actually 10.6mm and the rear is 23mm. Is that right?

2.I bought a set of aftermarket twist wheels. The dimensions are 17x7.5 52mm offset for the front and 17x9 47mm offset for the rear. If I’m doing this properly then I would need a 29mm spacer for the front and a 24mm spacer for the rear. Does that sound right or am I smokin’ crack? If not can someone please help.

One other thing, several of the posts concerning wheel offsets also mentioned rolling your fenders. What the heck does that mean?

Thanks
Mark
Old 12-11-2002, 06:04 AM
led
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm sort of on the same boat with the wheel questions, but I believe your numbers are correct. Check the <a href="http://members.rennlist.org/951_racerx/" target="_blank">RacerX Website</a> if you haven't already done so or have more doubts, lots of good info there besides wheel info. Also take what you might read with a grain of salt, check your car to see if the offsets are actually what that webpage states. Wheel offset should be stamped on the inside part of the wheels, ETXX.

Who would've thought I'd be answering wheel offset questions?! Thanks Danno!

I believe that what the guys mean by rolling the fenders is to roll the inside of the fender a bit to avoid having a wide wheel rub against it.

Quick Reply: Wheel offset revisited