Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Odor From Plugged EVAP Drain Hose - ongoing

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 02:00 PM
Loyer
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Odor From Plugged EVAP Drain Hose - ongoing

Over the past few weeks I have been given advice about unplugging the EVAP drain hose on my 1986 944 N/A. Thanks to all.
The best way is to tear the center console and EVAP coil apart and clean it manually. I want to avoid this. Getting at it from under the car is tough because the drain hose is located above the aluminum shield that protects the under body from the drive shaft. I also wanted to avoid tearing this apart.

I tried something today that I wanted to share with the Rennlist people.

I took my gargen hose, mounted it securely 90 degrees to a broom stick (2 ring clamps) and sprayed upward in the general area under the car where the drain is located. The idea is to get between the aluminum shield and the underbody so the water stream can come in contact with the pinched end of the drain hose. If the plugging is minor (ie: heat temporarily sealed the pinched hose) the water stream may just be enough force to open it and allow it to drain as intended.

This won't work on the worst cases but seemed to work for my 1986.

Quick Reply: Odor From Plugged EVAP Drain Hose - ongoing