Notices
924/931/944/951/968 Forum Porsche 924, 924S, 931, 944, 944S, 944S2, 951, and 968 discussion, how-to guides, and technical help. (1976-1995)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where do the fuel injector clips go?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:33 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where do the fuel injector clips go?

I did a search hear and I read that they go on the first full grove, I also saw some pics of other peoples injectors. The problem is my fuel injectors look different than the ones I saw posted here. Mine only have one grove not two groves, so I assume they go in this one grove and not where the O ring is.

also I bought the replacement 90 degree fuel line (damper to rail) and the new one is different than the old one and it looks like i have to loosen and adjust the fuel damper to get it on. Problem is the fuel damper is crazy tight and if I use a mallet to hit the wrench to get it off I'm scared I'll bend or put a crack in the fuel rail but I have no other choice.

also how deep in the fuel rail are the injectors suppose to go in? I'm guessing just until you can get the clip on the grove?

oh one more think I cut off the old clamps on the fuel hard lines and i"m installing the rennbay lines tomorrow and I noticed there are some small scratches on the hard lines, would these leak ? I'm guessing not.

thanks.
Old 05-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Yummybud924
Drifting

anyone? don't want my car blowing up when I go to start it.
Old 05-30-2008, 10:32 AM
jstand22
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ill take some pictures of mine since they are out of the car...but I have a 16valve so I know the injectors are a different flow rating, but not sure if it's a different design.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:29 AM
adrian_jaye
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 05-30-2008, 03:15 PM
jwade944
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In the later cars, the fuel injector rail has a lip around the socket where the injector plugs into the rail. There is a groove in the injector. The clip fits into the groove and over the lip. In early cars, there is no lip, so I assume you do not use the clip as there is nothing for it to grip on the rail.
Old 05-30-2008, 08:56 PM
Rich Sandor
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW, the clips are extremely loose fitting, and are not so much a sealant as a confirmation that the injector has seated itself properly on the fuel rail end of things.

As long as the injectors are seated 100% perfect on the both intake side and the rail side (especially on the raile side), the bolts holding the rail down will prevent any leakage.

If you have any bad issues, give me a ring. I'm in kits tonight and working at the automall in north van from 11am to 5pm tomorrow, I can stop by to look at it if you want confirmation that it's ok.
Old 05-31-2008, 12:26 AM
Yummybud924
Drifting

Hey Rich, I'm in Richmond. I"m pretty sure the fuel injector seals are fine and the clips are correct there are no leaks that I saw or smelled.

I'm however not sure if I overtightened the clamps on my rennbay fuel injection hoses. I gave travis a call and he said that if you overtighten them theres a risk you can split the hose. I did go a bit crazy with the tightening as I thought it's better to be too tight than too loose.

Also my fuel return line from rennbay won't go all the way on the return line so it's only on about 1.5 cm enough to put a clamp on. it's not leaking but i"d prefer it go in all the way. Again travis told me to sand the hard line and lube it which I did and I used my full force to shove the hose on and I got them in a tiny bit further but not all the way and I gave up.

Quick Reply: Where do the fuel injector clips go?